• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is There Any Way To Add A Text Into The Section Bar?

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:00 AM #1

I am developing an add-on. It has 2 sections. I want to have a text on the buttons that it uses to switch between sections. Any idea how to do that? I don't want to override the entire template. And another question, is there a way to make some fields required? I am using a layout="searate" and scheme="3.0"

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21044 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 01:16 PM #2

I am developing an add-on. It has 2 sections. I want to have a text on the buttons that it uses to switch between sections. Any idea how to do that? I don't want to override the entire template. And another question, is there a way to make some fields required? I am using a layout="searate" and scheme="3.0"

For example, emulate click on the tab with jquery

As for required fields, add cm-required class to the label of required field. E.g.

<label for="my_input_it" class="cm-required">
<input id="my_input_it" />

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 02:23 PM #3

I forgot to mention something very important. I want to edit the settings page that is automatically generated by addon.xml. I want to make a field required when someone press the save button (if I can) and I want to show some text on the buttons that are used for switching between the sections from addon.xml

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11791 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 03:46 PM #4

You can name each section you want as a tab.  Review app/addons/my_changes/addon.xml.full for details or review the documentation.  I do it all the time for my addons.  I have a "Basic" tab for settings that are common to all my addons and then I have addon specific tabs (1 or more) applicable to each addon.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:00 PM #5

Thank you, I never knew that addon have this file. Ty so much

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21044 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:11 AM #6

Also some useful details can be found here

https://docs.cs-cart..._structure.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:56 AM #7

I find that they are using the .po file to change what I want. 

I think this si the apropiate po line:

msgctxt "SettingsSections::sample_addon_3_0::section1"
msgid "Generic settings"
msgstr "Generic settings"

But how to do it in addon.xml file? I don't want to work with .po files at this point in time.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21044 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:27 PM #8

In this case use schema 2.0 in your addon

https://docs.cs-cart..._structure.html

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:44 PM #9

Can I still deploy it to marketplace? I read that I need to use schema 3.0

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21044 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:35 AM #10

Can I still deploy it to marketplace? I read that I need to use schema 3.0

You can try. But yes, they require 3.0 version

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11791 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:52 PM #11

When did the version of addon.xml become a requirement?  I thought they were only concerned if you are "selling through the marketplace".

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21044 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 05:25 AM #12

When did the version of addon.xml become a requirement?  I thought they were only concerned if you are "selling through the marketplace".

Yes, I think @bububeti meant "selling through the marketplace" by "deploy it to marketplace"