• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is Tooltip Broken In Scheme 3.0?

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:54 AM #1

When I use scheme 2.0 I have no problem like this, but when I switch to 3.0 my setting page does not work in the intended way. I have the tooltip icon at the end of every  <name> and beside that, I cannot change what is shown when I use the <tooltip> </tooltip> tags. 

My code: 

<item id="login-name">
  <name>Enter your log-in name here</name> 
  <type>input</type> 
  <tooltip>Something</tooltip>
</item>

https://imgur.com/a/3EYSwCt

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21186 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:14 PM #2

Tooltips should be specified in .po files

E.g.

msgctxt "SettingsTooltips::call_requests::phone_prefix_length"
msgid "Including parenthesis, spaces, etc. Use to highlight country code, area code, and phone prefix."
msgstr "Including parenthesis, spaces, etc. Use to highlight country code, area code, and phone prefix."

where

call_requests - addon ID

phone_prefix_length - setting ID

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11852 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:39 PM #3

Bt they should also be able to be specified in addon.xml as @bububeti states.  There is no requirement to use PO files.  It is a way for cs-cart to get the user community to contribute to translations.  But they're certainly not required to get full functionalty.

If you don't have a need for 3.0, then just use 2.0 and submit the issue with 3.0 to the bugtracker

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21186 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 04:56 AM #4

Bt they should also be able to be specified in addon.xml as @bububeti states.  There is no requirement to use PO files.  It is a way for cs-cart to get the user community to contribute to translations.  But they're certainly not required to get full functionalty.

If you don't have a need for 3.0, then just use 2.0 and submit the issue with 3.0 to the bugtracker

No, tooltip should not be defined in scheme 3.0. Only data in .po file is required

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11852 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:16 PM #5

No, tooltip should not be defined in scheme 3.0. Only data in .po file is required

It may have been dropped from Scheme 3.0 (but it shouldn't have).  Either way, if he wants to use the tooltip in the addon.xml then he just needs to specify Scheme 2.0 unless of course he's using some other feature of 3.0 not supported in 2.0

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21186 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 04:43 AM #6

It may have been dropped from Scheme 3.0 (but it shouldn't have).  Either way, if he wants to use the tooltip in the addon.xml then he just needs to specify Scheme 2.0 unless of course he's using some other feature of 3.0 not supported in 2.0

Yes, use addon.xml for 2.0 or .po file for 3.0

• bububeti
  • Trial users
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 10:05 AM #7

Thank you all