Email Marketing Subscriber Sign-Up?

We are attempting to use the built-in "Email Marketing" addon. I see that it allows people to 'opt-in' to subscribe at checkout, but what if someone didn't purchase something? Is there a block/template that offers an input field for a visitor to enter their email address and subscribe?

I know the Newsletter Addon has this function, but that needs to be de-activated when using the Email Marketing addon. I also notice there are two "Subscribe" blocks available, but they display nothing when I choose them. Is there a template I should be looking for?

I appreciate if anyone knows this answer.

Jon

Yes there is a block for e-mail marketing, I am using it on my site at the bottom right.

We are attempting to use the built-in "Email Marketing" addon. I see that it allows people to 'opt-in' to subscribe at checkout, but what if someone didn't purchase something? Is there a block/template that offers an input field for a visitor to enter their email address and subscribe?

I know the Newsletter Addon has this function, but that needs to be de-activated when using the Email Marketing addon. I also notice there are two "Subscribe" blocks available, but they display nothing when I choose them. Is there a template I should be looking for?

I appreciate if anyone knows this answer.

Jon

automatednow,

Thanks for the response. Can you confirm the block you are using is with the Email Marketing Addon included with CS-Cart and not the Newsletters Addon with CS-Cart? What is the block name you are using?

We have the Newsletters one...but we want to use the Email Marketing one since it offers more functionality. Just can't figure out is the Email Marketing Addon has a sign-up block.

Jon

automatednow,

Thanks for the response. Can you confirm the block you are using is with the Email Marketing Addon included with CS-Cart and not the Newsletters Addon with CS-Cart? What is the block name you are using?

We have the Newsletters one...but we want to use the Email Marketing one since it offers more functionality. Just can't figure out is the Email Marketing Addon has a sign-up block.

Jon

Yes, it has own subscribe block. It is located in the Templates type of blocks

Does any one know a source document or person which can guide through the details of using the newsletter functionality. It is quit overwhelming trying to figure out how to globally implement the features. I also just added Extended Email marketing by Cart Power and it looks excellent. It is an improvement over the abandoned cart addon they make. I just upgraded to it. So what I am trying to do is use the Newsletter feature of cscart and then use the Extended Email marketing of Cart Power. This way I do not have to disable the Newsletter feature in order to use Email marketing built into cs cart. But now, I am trying to gather all the information I can to launch these two features to generate more business of course.