Virtual Product Subscriptions - New Feature Request

A digital product should be able to be purchased on subscription.

Product setup should allow

1. Set only as subscription product
  2. Set periods and prices depending on length of subscription (1 month 3.99/ 1 year 39.99). This could be setup using product variations.
  3. integrate with Zapier to allow webhooks to be pushed when statuses of subscription change.
  4. Subscription management in user account
  5. Stripe and Paypal compatible recurring subscriptions
  6. Recurring payments automatic
  7. Start date should be day of purchase.
  8. Renewals should be 1 month/1 year from initial order

Order generated for each renewal period

System should work like Woosubscriptions.

1 Like

A digital product should be able to be purchased on subscription.

Product setup should allow

1. Set only as subscription product
  2. Set periods and prices depending on length of subscription (1 month 3.99/ 1 year 39.99). This could be setup using product variations.
  3. integrate with Zapier to allow webhooks to be pushed when statuses of subscription change.
  4. Subscription management in user account
  5. Stripe and Paypal compatible recurring subscriptions
  6. Recurring payments automatic
  7. Start date should be day of purchase.
  8. Renewals should be 1 month/1 year from initial order

Order generated for each renewal period

System should work like Woosubscriptions.

Then hire a developer to do it for you, or submit an actual constructive feature request to CS-Cart.

@harmsmitsdev - I thought that this topic was for users to request features. I think that the OP's feature request is a valid one.

I second the ability to add in subscription based digital products. The cart used to have a subscription service which was removed. In our age of subscription based services I think that it is almost a requirement to be able to offer and support digital products.

1 Like

@harmsmitsdev - I thought that this topic was for users to request features. I think that the OP's feature request is a valid one.

I second the ability to add in subscription based digital products. The cart used to have a subscription service which was removed. In our age of subscription based services I think that it is almost a requirement to be able to offer and support digital products.

Yes, such feature was removed from the core. But you can find solutions for subscriptions in the marketplace

I really does bother me that for a "FEATURE REQUEST" topic its suggested that we should look in the 3rd party realm or that we need to hire outside devs.. Isn't that oxymoronic?

1 Like

I really does bother me that for a "FEATURE REQUEST" topic its suggested that we should look in the 3rd party realm or that we need to hire outside devs.. Isn't that oxymoronic?

If the feature was removed from the core, I think there is no chance that it will be returned back

No, I suggested the OP to either give a constructive feature request, OR that they hire a developer. If they submitted a feature request with what needs to be changed / added, how it should behave, how it should integrate with other addons, etc. its of actual use and its worth taking a look at. Just saying 'I want this', but not explaining the how accordingly and referring to another paid solution to be cloned, is just annoying.

They get hundreds of requests saying, A has to be like B, B like C, etc. This is a very time consuming proces to say the least, so if you at least provide them with a CONSTRUCTIVE feature request, they can take it into consideration immediately, instead of adding it to their huge backlog of wishes.

Also, third party integrations are very hard, as they change all the time. By adding recurring billing to be handled, they will have to rewrite *ALL* payment service provider connections and verify whether they support recurring billing.

For now, this requires a lot to be done, a lot of breaking changes, and a whole set of other problems. I'd expect them not to add it anytime soon, but rather save it till V5 or something.

No, I suggested the OP to either give a constructive feature request, OR that they hire a developer. If they submitted a feature request with what needs to be changed / added, how it should behave, how it should integrate with other addons, etc. its of actual use and its worth taking a look at. Just saying 'I want this', but not explaining the how accordingly and referring to another paid solution to be cloned, is just annoying.

They get hundreds of requests saying, A has to be like B, B like C, etc. This is a very time consuming proces to say the least, so if you at least provide them with a CONSTRUCTIVE feature request, they can take it into consideration immediately, instead of adding it to their huge backlog of wishes.

Also, third party integrations are very hard, as they change all the time. By adding recurring billing to be handled, they will have to rewrite *ALL* payment service provider connections and verify whether they support recurring billing.

For now, this requires a lot to be done, a lot of breaking changes, and a whole set of other problems. I'd expect them not to add it anytime soon, but rather save it till V5 or something.

The request was concise and detailed. Stop trolling

1 Like