• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Cs-Cart Addon Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:45 AM #1

Hi,

I am developing an addon for CS-cart .I want to redirect user to a page after addon install.Then get email id from him there and send request to third party server.
After getting success response from that server, I need to add a script tag like <script src="demo.js"></script> in frontend footer.
Can you please help me out with followings:
1. How to add custom page on click of addon
2. How to add custom script tag on frontend

Thanks

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11745 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:12 PM #2

You'll have to develop code to write (or probably replace values) your script so it creates a block.

Does your remote site allow you to specify the URL to return to after you send the email address?

You'd need to use the <functions><item for="install">my_function_name</item></functions> section of the addon.xml to enable you to launch a separate page and most likely return the results in a GET request.

Creating the block is relatively easy if it's simply a script tag.  But why wouldn't you just use a addon_name/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl file instead?  Then it's directly related to the addon.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.