Hiding "remote" And "server" Upload Option + Hidpi Checkbox

Hello all,

Could you please advise how we could hide the "URL" and "Server" options from the Logo tab in the vendor background, to leave only the Local option? The other 2 are confusing and hence need to make them invisible.

We would also like to remove the "I'm uploading a HiDPI Image" checkbox. I believe this comes from the "HiDPI displays support" add-on. I have done a bit of reading and found that we can either enable the HiDPI support by default for all images, which might however force their resizing to half of the "normal" size. Or we could disable it, which should remove the checkbox.

Question - What will be the downside of disabling the add-on? Is there going to be any considerable impact on the user experience, considering that little (if any) vendors know what HiDPI images are, and hence are not using the option.

Thank you!

Airpl4ne

I should have posted this to the Multivendor section, apologies. @Moderator - Could you please move it there?

Just FYI they updated the HidPI add on and it no longer uploads images half the normal size etc.

Hello all,

Could you please advise how we could hide the "URL" and "Server" options from the Logo tab in the vendor background, to leave only the Local option? The other 2 are confusing and hence need to make them invisible.

We would also like to remove the "I'm uploading a HiDPI Image" checkbox. I believe this comes from the "HiDPI displays support" add-on. I have done a bit of reading and found that we can either enable the HiDPI support by default for all images, which might however force their resizing to half of the "normal" size. Or we could disable it, which should remove the checkbox.

Question - What will be the downside of disabling the add-on? Is there going to be any considerable impact on the user experience, considering that little (if any) vendors know what HiDPI images are, and hence are not using the option.

Thank you!

Airpl4ne

Good news, thank you for sharing! I am still hesitant to put it back to our multivendor website, as such button/checkbox will be confusing to basic users.