Vat Change - Keep Same Prices

Hi, we have an upcoming VAT change but we would like to keep our prices on the storefront the same.

I thought I could just change the VAT and than use an import to bulk raise the prices by a certain % so they would become the same again at the front end. However, this won't work for option modifiers.

We are on cs-cart 4.6x and prices excl VAT in the system.

Would anybody know a trick on how to do this best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe global price update by fixed amount of %?

/admin.php?dispatch=products.global_update

Yeah that was my idea, but then modifiers don't change I assume?

Not sure, not tested

Yeah that was my idea, but then modifiers don't change I assume?

Export option modifiers maybe and manipulate in excel too ?

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/46535-fastest-way-of-updating-option-price-modifiers/

Export option modifiers maybe and manipulate in excel too ?

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/46535-fastest-way-of-updating-option-price-modifiers/

I tried that but it was too tricky. In the end everyone took a brand and fixed it....

What I find very strange is that cs-cart used the products codes to import producs. Why doesn't it simply use the product ID?

We had some products that apparantly had identical product codes which caused issues.

Also some options seem to have broken - modifiers don't save so the options have to be created again.

Anyway, I hope when we change back to the old VAT I have upgraded cs-cart and it will be easier.

They don't use product_id so you can import to new site. However, correct behavior should be:

if product id column exists, import by product_id (this would also allow you to change the product_code)

else import by product code.

IMHO

Also for those that import files from suppliers, the product_id is not going to be available but instead the product_code.

yes that's why it's conditional upon whether it's present or not. If a "Product id" column is there, use it, if not find it by "Product code". Would work perfectly. I've supplied a lot of people with a simply addon that acts as a pre-filter to allow them to change the product_code of imported products. They could have fixed this years ago....

Agreed.