Improvements To Multi-Vendor In April & May 2020 And Our Plans

Hello! We’ve prepared a video about our improvements to Multi-Vendor in April and May 2020. Even though it’s tailored for Multi-Vendor, there is something that CS-Cart users may be interested in. Mainly, 8:16 (uploading files) and 14:12 (improving the admin panel).

CS Cart Multi-Vendor: What Changed in April & May 2020 - YouTube

General improvements
0:44 — collecting money from vendors and managing debtors
6:25 — ability for vendors to create features for product variations
8:16 — ability for vendors and customers to upload documents (the “File” type for profile fields)
9:17 — a single place for vendors to see all the comments and reviews
9:52 — different payment methods for different countries on a single storefront in Multi-Vendor Ultimate
11:31 — a few smaller improvements

Simplifying the interface
14:12 — the general idea
14:33 — example 1: products and options
15:07 — example 2: products and features
15:23 — example 3: products and variations
15:56 — example 4: vendors and their plans
16:45 — other interface improvements (vendor approval and moderation; feature groups)

Plans for the future
18:33 — Multi-Vendor Ultimate: different settings for different storefronts
18:44 — Mobile App: support of product variations and direct customer-to-vendor payments
19:07 — other plans: PayPal Commerce Platform for marketplaces; easier onboarding for vendors

Finally: 18:44 — Mobile App: support of product variation

can you show any screen about new simlified vendor panel? maybe we can offer some features..

I would add some option to hide Vendors details to the public. I haven't seen any platform sharing Vendor email or other sensitive details with Customers or even public.

Finally: 18:44 — Mobile App: support of product variation

can you show any screen about new simlified vendor panel? maybe we can offer some features..

Hello. Sorry, I can't yet, as it is still in the planning stage. Once there is any news about that, we'll surely announce it in one of the future videos. For now, we're doing some groundwork (like making the import easier for vendors, and gradually simplifying the existing admin panel). That way, when we get to adding a new panel for vendors, we'd know what to include there.

Ideally, a vendor might not need an admin panel at all; he should be able to just go to any category on the storefront and click "Add product" there. However, it's still a longer-term plan, so I can't promise it for 4.12.1.

I would add some option to hide Vendors details to the public. I haven't seen any platform sharing Vendor email or other sensitive details with Customers or even public.

Hello, and thank you for this suggestion. I've added your vote for it to our issue-tracking system. If there are enough votes, this suggestion may be implemented in one of the future versions.

@ikoshkin

also you have to add some restricts for vendor api access. for eg: user details. why vendor can see user password md5 hasshes ? orders, payment infor. why vendor can see all payment gateway infos ? similar a lot of info have to hidden from vendors, i hope you can plan also this.

Hello
Is there a specific time to release this update? 4.12.1

Hello, and thank you for this suggestion. I've added your vote for it to our issue-tracking system. If there are enough votes, this suggestion may be implemented in one of the future versions.

Also i vote this! We are hidding vendor informations with editing tpl files, its hard to manage every update.

@ikoshkin death again bug tracker ? i post some urgent changes for common product addon. can anyone check?

hi

Add my vote please

The vendor pannel should be a lot more simplified . the current vendor pannel on many marketplace is very intuitive and easy to use . I have a hard time myself to figure out sometimes how to do things,and where to go so i cant expect my vendors to understand either.

the pannel menus should be reworked for better customer journey . most sections don't make sense and some items should be in others

see below a picture of something that could easily be changed by cs cart , and make vendors more comfortable.

https://ibb.co/2SbJNH5