• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do You Send A Notification Message To The Vendor Panel? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• bebopboy
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:55 AM #1

Hi, so I'm trying to implement a cancel order function on the storefront and I've been successful so far, but the last part of my implementation is to send a message in the notification center of the vendor whose selling the order that got cancelled.

I can see from the event notifications documentation that I have to use Tygh::$app['notifications_center'] similar to how when you send emails you use Tygh::$app['mailer'], but I'm unsure on what to put in some of the parameters needed to use that. Is there an example somewhere that I can follow? Thanks

• bebopboy
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 09:18 AM #2

To clarify, I want something like what happens when a vendor products is disapproved and a notification in their vendor panel appears that informs them of that.

• bebopboy
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:35 AM #3

Up, does no one really know how this works?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11766 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:03 AM #4

Go to Administration/Notifications/Vendor notifications

The order statuses (by name) will be listed on the left.

You can enable/disable from that page or click the status to get to the content of the notification.

If you use the older email templates (better IMHO), then they will be enabled/disabled as above, but the content is in Adminstration/Statuses/Order statuses.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• bebopboy
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 03:37 AM #5

Hi, thanks for replying. I am using the old email system, but the options in Adminstration/Statuses/Order statuses are for emails aren't they? I want something that sends a message to the notification center: https://ibb.co/YD2GdCv

Like the notifications that are used in Vendor data premoderation, when a product is approved or disapproved. Is there a code that has an example that shows me how to do that?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11766 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:14 PM #6

I've not yet worked with the new notifications center so can't be specific.  Sorry.

But you might want to read: https://docs.cs-cart...ifications.html

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.