Helpdesk Confirms A Bug And Refuses To Fix - What To Do?

Hi,

did any of community members had this kind of a problem with helpdesk?

I've reported a bug to cs-cart helpdesk and they confirmed that the described behavior is a bug. They have written that it will be fixed within 45 days.

After 2 days I got a message that the bug fix will not be provided because it requires more work than anticipated.

What to do in such cases. The bug is obvious, there is a confirmation of a bug but the helpdesk refuses to fix it and they don't want to give me any estimated time of fixing it. Basically, they show me a middle finger.

The functionality which is affected by the bug used to work fine with product option combinations. In the next major version of cs-cart (4.12.1) product option combinations will be removed from cs-cart completely.

Up until now I was quite happy with the way cs-cart helpdesk used to work, but this situation blows my mind.

Any suggestions how to deal with it?

It's better to hire someone to create a custom adodn for you so it can be maintained separately.

Hi,

did any of community members had this kind of a problem with helpdesk?

I've reported a bug to cs-cart helpdesk and they confirmed that the described behavior is a bug. They have written that it will be fixed within 45 days.

After 2 days I got a message that the bug fix will not be provided because it requires more work than anticipated.

What to do in such cases. The bug is obvious, there is a confirmation of a bug but the helpdesk refuses to fix it and they don't want to give me any estimated time of fixing it. Basically, they show me a middle finger.

The functionality which is affected by the bug used to work fine with product option combinations. In the next major version of cs-cart (4.12.1) product option combinations will be removed from cs-cart completely.

Up until now I was quite happy with the way cs-cart helpdesk used to work, but this situation blows my mind.

Any suggestions how to deal with it?

The add-on has been deprecated, hence they are not giving you support. This sounds more than fair to me. I suggest you migrate to their product variations add-on.

The add-on has been deprecated, hence they are not giving you support. This sounds more than fair to me. I suggest you migrate to their product variations add-on.

Well it's not the case. Let's dive into details. The bug is about buy together addon.

Let's stick with t-shirt example on demo.cs-cart.com

I want to create a buy together set T-Shirt Black + T-Shirt Blue - 10%

There is no way for the cutomer to choose the size of the T-Shirt Blue when the product set is configured.

When there were product option combiantions there was a checkbox allow Any option combinations while selecting the product and the customer could then choose the option within the buy together set.

You can check the behaviour here: http://demo.cs-cart.com/stores/e01ec5b3d23e347c/apparel/mens-clothing/t-shirt-color-black/ by visiting buy together tab.

I understand that cs-cart is dropping support for product option combinations but I don't understand why they don't want to fix the issue with product variations not working with buy together.

Btw, funny fact. I've told about it being an issue in december 2018 when there were consultations on the forum regarding product variations. The topics are below:

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/48272-introducing-a-new-prototype%E2%80%94product-variations-a-better-implementation-of-product-option-combinations/page-4#entry310088
https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/48272-introducing-a-new-prototype%E2%80%94product-variations-a-better-implementation-of-product-option-combinations/page-4#entry310142