Change Order Of State/province List

Hi,

Please can someone tell me if there is a way to change the order of which the States are presented to customers.

Our issue is that we are in Australia. The States are presented to customers adding there address in Alphabetical order. The first State is ACT, but we and most of our customers are in VIC (Victoria). Is there a way to make the State either default to VIC or to put VIC at the top of the list?

Thanks

You can reorder state using hooks in the fn_get_states function (app/functions/fn.locations.php)

Thanks for the response. I am not sure what you mean by "fn_get_states function (app/functions/fn.locations.php)" Is this a file I would need to edit via the FTP? I only have access to the backend CMS of the website, not the FTP. I am also not really comfortable editing core files and would prefer a solution in the backend of the site if possible.

Thanks

With the hooks you can extend default functions with addon and without editing the core files. But programming skills are required

We can assist you with this issue. Contact us.

eComLabs is also the team of developers who can help.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Settings->Checkout->Default customer location

Set the Country and State to Australia and Victoria.

Hi The Tool,

These are already set to this default, yet when a customer adds their address it still defaults to ACT and not VIC?

Thanks

It didn't work that way in previous versions unless it wasn't specified.

Edit: It works on the demo.

I still cannot get the default state to change, even though the 'Default customer location' is clearly set to Victoria Australia? Does anyone have any ideas what is going wrong, as most of our customers are located in Victoria, but sending orders through with ACT.

Thanks

Do you know why this might not be working? I am set to Victoria, Australia?

Do you have any 3rd party addons that might be interfering?

Do you have any 3rd party addons that might be interfering?

Yes, we have many addons, but not sure which could be interfering?

Are there any Addons known to override the Default customer location?