• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hide / Remove The Short Description Title Rate Topic   - - - - -

• DanHerbert
  • Trial users
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:05 PM #1

I'm looking to remove the title of "Short Description" from the product page, any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks, Dan

• mskitti
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:45 PM #2

Is anyone ever going to answer this question?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12052 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:50 PM #3

Assuming you are referring to the admin side, the easiest way to do so is to simply set the language variable 'short_description' to nothing.  However, that could impact other areas that might use that lang var.

Alternatively you could use some jQuery similar to (not tested)

$('label[for=elm_product_short_descr]").hide();

Or you can use the hook named 'products:update_product_short_description' and rewrite the whole block leaving out the 'label'.

There are probably 10 ways to do it depending on your needs, skill and risk of side effects.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21883 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:29 AM #4

As alternative, open the design/backend/templates/views/products/update.tpl file and remove the following part of code

{__("short_description")}:

Then clear cache and check

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Stephon
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:36 AM #5

I'm looking to remove the title of "Short Description" from the product page, any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks, Dan

It might depend on how you have your products laid out, but for me I can change:

skins/your-skin/products_pages/products_avdvanced.tpl

Basically change:

{if $product.short_description || $product.full_description}
            <div class="box" style="margin-top: 5px;">
            {if $product.short_description}
                {$product.short_description}
            {else}
                {$product.full_description|strip_tags|truncate:280:"..."}{if $product.full_description|strlen > 280}<a href="{$index_script}?{$target_name}=products&product_id={$product.product_id}" class="underlined">{$lang.more_link}</a>{/if}
            {/if}
            </div>
            {/if}
To:

{*{if $product.short_description || $product.full_description}
            <div class="box" style="margin-top: 5px;">
            {if $product.short_description}
                {$product.short_description}
            {else}
                {$product.full_description|strip_tags|truncate:280:"..."}{if $product.full_description|strlen > 280}<a href="{$index_script}?{$target_name}=products&product_id={$product.product_id}" class="underlined">{$lang.more_link}</a>{/if}
            {/if}
            </div>
            {/if}*}
All you are doing is commenting out this code. I usually just comment stuff out, but I guess you could also just delete this section of code.