• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4821 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:18 PM #1

I have 5 categories eg 

mysite.com/masks/product-cat-1/product-code-1.html

mysite.com/masks/product-cat-2/product-code-2.html

I would like to redirect a whole bunch of products that are in each category by a redirect with a wildcard so any product within that category gets redirected 302. Is it possible or woud I have to redirect hundreds of individual products one by one

I have popups informing them on each page but people just arent seeing or reading the popup so I want them to be completely redirected from the whole categories/products until back in stock

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11808 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:23 PM #2

You can redirect a category OR product. But you can't redirect both to a common url since they are objects of different types.  Note that the seo_redirects schema requires an object_id and a type.

Note that I'm making assumptions based on the db schema and have not directly tested whether you can have a 'src' of one type redirecting to a 'dest' of another type....  But my guess is no.

I'd suggest you rethink your categories and then let the system handle the redirects for you leaving the seo names of the products alone.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21072 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:31 AM #3

It is not possible with built-in tools

Use redirects in .htaccess or nginx configuration

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)