• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How do I upgrade from 1.3.3 with the Store Manager? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• kearnyshop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:41 PM #1

Hey CS-Carters,
I'm getting back on my stalled project and see there's quite a bit of great progress!
How do I use the store manager to upgrade from version 1.3.3 (not sp2). I've got the Store Manager running OK and I did a DB backup. But, I can't find an upgrade file for the old 1.3.3 in the file area. Can I use the 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 file?
Thanks for any guidance!
kearnyshop

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:07 AM #2

You will need to do incremental upgrades from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4-sp3 to get your database properly structured for the 1.3.4-sp3 to 1.3.5-sp2 upgrade. You will need to request upgrade packages from CS-Cart to get you from your current version up to version 1.3.4-sp3.

All you really need to do is run the SQL queries to get your data into proper shape. Even though you are starting from an earlier version, you can get the general idea of what you need to do in the following post:
http://forum.cs-cart...474&postcount=3

You do not need to upload the CS-Cart files through these database updates just run the queries. Once you get your database updated to 1.3.4-sp3 format, you can either use the Store Manager or do a manual upgrade from 1.3.4-sp3 to 1.3.5-sp2. You will still need to apply any changes you have made to your installation.

Most importantly, make sure you backup at each step so you have a fall-back.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• kearnyshop
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:49 AM #3

Thanks Bob! That was a big help! Now I understand the upgrade scheme & mechanics a little better. For my old install tonite, I decided to go ahead and start clean as the DB was swamped with spam messages and such. Hopefully I'll keep the ball rolling this time. Thanks again, Early