• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multivendor Paypal Setup Help Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:48 PM #1

I have tried for weeks now to setup paypal for adaptive or paypal for marketplaces and can't figure it out. I'm beginning to think that it's not possible, and am now regretting spending 3K on purchasing cscart multivendor that doesn't even work with paypal. 

I spoke with Paypal customer service and they said that they discontinued paypal adaptive services, and won't approve any new accounts, so I'm now turning again to paypal for marketplaces. 

Has ANYONE actually setup paypal for marketplaces? Can you assist me by telling me the process for getting a partner integration code? 

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4817 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:16 AM #2

Do these no longer apply then ?

https://docs.cs-cart...rketplaces.html

https://www.paypal.c...etplaces-ts2122

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:27 PM #3

They still apply, but they still require paypal to approve you for the integration. They are no longer accepting applications for paypal adaptive and I've heard they are rejecting applications for paypal commerce platform (paypal for marketplaces). Can anyone confirm they are using paypal for marketplaces ? 

• jlinc
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:42 AM #4

I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased CS-Cart Multi-Vendor in November and now I'm at the stage of connecting PayPal. Finding out CS-Cart is recommending NOT to use PayPal for Marketplaces and PayPal Adaptive is no longer being offered by PayPal puts me in a tough position.

I'm reaching out to the CS-Cart Help Desk for more information. I have to assume they are actively working on the PayPal for Marketplaces integration since it's one of the largest payment processors in the world.

• jlinc
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 04:02 PM #5

Checking back in on this. Does anyone have an ideas if/when CS-Cart Multi Vendor will work with Paypal? 

Since Paypal is discontinuing Paypal Adaptive Payments and Paypal for Marketplaces CS-Cart told me NOT to use...I'm kind of at a loss.

• memel
  • Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:44 PM #6

Checking back in on this. Does anyone have an ideas if/when CS-Cart Multi Vendor will work with Paypal? 

Since Paypal is discontinuing Paypal Adaptive Payments and Paypal for Marketplaces CS-Cart told me NOT to use...I'm kind of at a loss.

I am using paypal adaptive. Paypal adaptive will continue for old accounts and not accept new application. You have to apply for Paypal marketplaces.

• jlinc
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 05:46 PM #7

Memel,

Thank you. I understand that we need to use Paypal for Marketplaces....but CS-Cart is actively telling us NOT to use Paypal for Marketplaces.

So, Paypal won't let us use Adaptive Payments....and CS-Cart hasn't certified Paypal for Marketplaces.

Thus...CS-Cart Multi Vendor does not work with Paypal. :(

• Beads
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:07 AM #8

Any more information on this post?

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:52 PM #9

I ended up using Stripe Connect..that is the only good way around paypal

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 20936 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:24 AM #10

Please make a post in the CS-Cart HelpDesk to receive an official answer. Do not forget to post it here :)

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• saltwater
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:12 AM #11

hey , 

I sent a couple of month ago a message to help desk which is below :

Currently, Multi-Vendor has the following payment methods with automatic money distribution (as built-in add-ons):

PayPal for Marketplaces
Stripe Connect Payments
These add-ons can be configured to collect the following sums in favor of the marketplace:

Transaction fees only.
Transaction fees and any unpaid payouts (debts) that the vendor might have.
However, for these payment methods to work, all vendors whose products are being bought it one order must be able to receive payments via the chosen payment method.

Paypal for marketplace does not exist anymore, and Paypal adaptive is no longer available for new integration neither.
A new "PayPal for commerce " is replacing PayPal for marketplace
I am enquiring if you will create a built-in add on for this, please? as it is the only way to use automatic money distribution

(Apart of Stripes, but stripes close accounts that have a dispute rate of higher than 0.75% > 7.5 disputes per 1000 payments, way too high risk for a retail business especially fashion: Disputes/return )

helpdesk replied :

Thank you for your message.

We are planning to integrate the new PayPal Payment method with distributed payments as soon as they release it. At the moment PayPal is still working on the payment API.

Thank you.

And i check tonight , paypal still have not created any API :( 

so yeah, its not great . 

How do you do in the meantime ? 

best 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 20936 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:22 AM #12

Thank you for keeping us updated

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)