My Mods

Check out the mods repository at (http://mods.youtipgaming.com/).

Just so you know, all of the mods that I post there are ones I felt may be important and couldn’t find at topcoderpro.com. :confused: Therefore, I made them myself. Each one has a set of instructions and files needed to make the mod work.

[SIZE=3]Home Page News v1.3.1 - Please Rate[/SIZE]

I created a mod that will display the x most recent news items on the Welcome page in the middle section where the Welcome text is at. Also, it includes a way to not show the News Side box if you don’t want to.

Updates:

Version 1.1 - Now works better with Listmania content by moving it to the right of the news. See client-side_screenshot.jpg for example.

Version 1.2 - Now includes a newsletter signup form as seen on my store. In case you decide to remove the news sidebox. (An option already created in the original version.)

Version 1.3 - Fixed a bug that Alfie found. It occurs when a setting in the news tab on the addons page is left blank. Thanx Alfie! I have checked the other setting for the same error and it works fine. Please let me know if anyone else can help find any bugs.

Version 1.3.1 - I have also now found a way to make the welcome text itself a part of the little arrangement. For an example, see my store.

home_news.zip

client-side_screenshot.jpg

admin-side_screenshot.JPG

[SIZE=3]Banner Ad Rotator v1.2 - Please Rate[/SIZE]

Here’s a mod that will rotate a chosen number of randomly picked ads for each place on the page that those ads were designated to be in when they were created/changed.

How it works:

Randomizes SQL results with “ORDER BY RAND()” and pulls out a limited number of results based on new setting in “Appearance Settings”.

Updates:

Version 1.1 - Made it so that if the new setting is left blank, it won’t return an sql error.

Version 1.2 - Fixed a glitch that makes this mod randomize all ad positions at the same time. Now it will randomize each place one at a time and only those of your choice.

banner_rotator.zip

screenshot_admin.JPG

I LOVE your contribution mdekok3000 :wink:

Been looking for homepage news creation for a few days.

Hope to see more of this stuff :smiley:

Awesome!

Thanks for sharing your mods with the community.

I’m always looking for cool mods for my sites. :slight_smile:

mdekok3000-

Thanks for your generous contributions to the community. This was the original intent and spirit - especially for those of us who migrated from Brand X. It is great to see a newcomer sharing in that spirit.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Thanks for your generous contributions to the community. This was the original intent and spirit - especially for those of us who migrated from Brand X. It is great to see a newcomer sharing in that spirit.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%…

You’re all welcome! :slight_smile:

I am trying to find more ideas to come up with, even miniscule things that can’t just be done in the admin, but may still be wanted by some folks.

by the way none of your websites load…

They load for me just fine. Also, JesseLeeStranger was able to get there too.

It might’ve gone down at that time. Very possible as it seems to be doing it a bit more recently. And it’s not just my site, it’s the host’s site also. I think they’re updating/upgrading something.

Nice mods.

You are welcome.

there loading now but slow…

[SIZE=3]Keep Out of Frames - Please Rate[/SIZE]

It will prevent any page in your store from being loaded in a frame or iframe.

This mod is extremely easy to install because there is only one step.

This mod can be used to stop those from displaying your site inside their own from frames. If someone were to link to your site within a frame this would take it out of the frame immediately and display it in the whole window.

This snippet can also be used for more than just your store. Keep any page you don’t want being viewed from a frame safe.

readme.txt

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’][SIZE=3]Keep Out of Frames - Please Rate[/SIZE]

This mod is extremely easy to install because there is only one step.[/QUOTE]

You certainly seem to know your stuff - but for those of less technical can you explain what this means and why we may want to use it!

there is any demo

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’][SIZE=3]Keep Out of Frames - Please Rate[/SIZE]

This mod is extremely easy to install because there is only one step.[/quote]

Because it’s being parsed by smarty it needs {literal} tags for javascript functionality.

```php

{literal}

{/literal}

```

[quote name=‘miracles’]there is any demo[/quote]

runescape.com uses this method to prevent anyone from linking directly to their game inside a frame on their own site. You can try linking to the game window (not the home page) inside a frame. It actually has a fairly different code to make sure that if it is linked in a frame, it’s on their site and that the address is runescape.com.

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Because it’s being parsed by smarty it needs {literal} tags for javascript functionality.[/quote]

You’re right, I must’ve spaced on that. I have updated the readme file, but for some reason I cannot test the download here on the forums because it shows a strange file. It shows a file keep_out_of_frames[1] and it should be readme.txt. On that note I cannot download any of these mods. When I open the zip files, it shows an extensionless file inside and not its actual contents.

I have changed it from a zip file to a text file.

Internet Exploiter doesn’t play nice on the cs-cart forums,

using a better browser does however (screams Firefox)