Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.11.2 Are Released

Hello!

We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.11.2. Click the image, to open a news post on the blog. Here are the most important changes:

- Warehouses got some improvements and fixes.

- The storefront switcher in the admin panel got a new design.

- Australia Post integration was updated.

- Stripe Connect refunds were fixed.

- Plus a bunch of minor fixes (more information is on the blog)

en-4112.png

The upgrades to version 4.11.2 are already available. As usual, for the first few days after the release we hand out upgrade packages in limited numbers, but then we lift that restriction. So if you don’t see this upgrade in your Upgrade Center yet, please try again later.

testing and testing this new checkout and it scares me to proceed with it...

Besides I always had store setup without default location, now if I do same on demo, I am getting red 3 sentence warning no shipping option available, this might scare away some customers..

Yea and also if I have no default country selected, in new checkout Afghanistan is auto selected, nice :DDDD

Can single store users install/use the warehouse addon? If not, why not?

during upgdate,

20191105125143_core_fix_blocks_content.php. Reasons:Call to a member function fetch_array() on boolean.

Looking forward to getting a fully functional Warehouse system. (One step forward)

But the new Checkout is terrible. (Two steps back)
The new checkout is not what we want and the thought that Step-by-Step checkout will be dropped in future updates is preventing us from prolonging our CSCart license. We may need to pay $$$ to develop our own intelligent checkout addon or move on. Perhaps there is now a valid reason for addon devs to keep supporting their Checkout Addons?

Can CSC formally declare that Step-by-Step checkout will be retained in ALL future updates?

Is there a feedback / suggestions thread for the Warehouses Addon?

We may need to pay $$$ to develop our own intelligent checkout addon or move on. Perhaps there is now a valid reason for addon devs to keep supporting their Checkout Addons?

There are some very good alternative checkouts available. We don't use it but i love this one ->
https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/52766-one-step-checkout-3-columns-flat-layout/

I do agree that the new checkout is flawed. The only real issue i find is the "click for calculation" thing. This lowers conversions for new customers and in our case it is not needed at all. We pay per country not by street, postcode or province.

That thing should be changed asap! @yakulakov

There is a repeated theme with very new release...Lite Checkout..but CS-cart decided to work on bells and whistles, warehouses, theme switcher and what not..

There are two basic things affecting every store need to be addressed...Better Checkout (old is better) and Easy to use shipping module..but oh well..what do I (customer) know about running a ecom shop?? :-))

Hi there!

Is everyone getting admin approval notyfications with product moderation?

For some reson i dont.

I can see new product waiting for approveal in products>products > products on moderation

after approuveing vendor gets bell notyfication.

so notyfications works admin > vendor

but not vendor > admin

Thanks,

A

Unfortunately I have to agree about the new checkout. I have two websites running CSCart, our main one as a small secondary one. I always do the updates on the smaller one as part of testing before putting on the main site.

I waited until 2 weeks ago to move up to the 4.10 series with the new checkout. And we then started getting orders that had no address, but paypal payment had an address. and its something to do with the default shipping address that is not working right and people can't put their own in.

I don't have time to figure it out or send bug reports so I have moved it back to the old check out cart. now I'm worried if it's disabled in a future release what do I do. I don't like falling behind on releases since they have useful bug fixes.

I second the notion on keeping the old one, and making the new one just another option
Malcolm

Dear CSCart,
Can you formally declare that Step-by-Step checkout will be retained as an addon in ALL future updates?

Started a thread for discussion of the Warehouses Addon (Beta)

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/57097-warehouses-addon-beta-aka-stores-pickup-points/

Now that cs-cart is taking all these steps and adding great improvements and additions lately, I have the following suggestions that would really help with real-world situations:

1. We need to be able to set fixed prices per currency. For example: A product could cost 150 Euro or 135 GBP. Many brands don't allow / want us to sell for more or less than their suggested RRP, so having variable converted pricing is no option. It will also look much more trustworthy to see nice prices instead of prices like 132.31

2. It would be great if we could order from cs-cart (see incoming products, adding them with 1 click to the inventory when the order arrives, etc).

3. Having a cost price would be quite handy - this is a much requested feature and I don't really understand why this has not been implemented yet.

Thanks!

Also, can be improved vendors registration: let's say after registration vendor can login straight away and start working on his/her shop in pending mode (or other way) without approving by admin. And after admin can check and final approve.

Please, we need to improve this steps also.

Hi,

we have the GDPR personal data double after the update.

Customer is asked 2 times to accept.

Please add the ability to build promotions based on the supplier.. Add condition from a specific supplier.. Sure would help a lot of us out..

How do you create a promotions block? I can't find the reference block code.

Is this not supported in the new checkout?

How do you create a promotions block? I can't find the reference block code.

Is this not supported in the new checkout?

Never mind. I just discovered that this automatically populates once you have an active cart promotion.

The documentation needs to be updated to reflect these new cart changes.

Unfortunately I have to agree about the new checkout. I have two websites running CSCart, our main one as a small secondary one. I always do the updates on the smaller one as part of testing before putting on the main site.

I waited until 2 weeks ago to move up to the 4.10 series with the new checkout. And we then started getting orders that had no address, but paypal payment had an address. and its something to do with the default shipping address that is not working right and people can't put their own in.

I don't have time to figure it out or send bug reports so I have moved it back to the old check out cart. now I'm worried if it's disabled in a future release what do I do. I don't like falling behind on releases since they have useful bug fixes.

I second the notion on keeping the old one, and making the new one just another option
Malcolm

How come cscart is having so much trouble with new checkout and other developers already have nice checkout addons already working flawlessly? I prolongated my license a ways back, but too afraid to upgrade when my version 4.9.3 is working fine. :neutral: