• You cannot reply to this topic

Vps Without Email Server Rate Topic   - - - - -

• HareRama
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 01:18 PM #1

Hi,

I got VPS with SSH/SFTP access only, unfortunately their basic plans doesn't offer any email server which will cover my needs. What do you recommend to install to be able using email server for free? I expect to use over 50 000 mails monthly.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11424 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:10 PM #2

Nobody's going to give you 50K/emails a month for free.  Mailchimp will give you 6K.

You can user gmail as your SMTP server for your site's normal emails.  But they'll shut you down if you try to shove 50K through them.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• HareRama
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 84 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 AM #3

It's confusing, share hosting doesn't have any limits for email sending. What do you recommend to use?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11424 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 PM #4

Number 1, using shared hosting for an ecommerce site is a setup for failure.

Number 2, if you are doing email marketing, use an email marketing system.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2307 posts

Posted Today, 10:45 AM #5

It's confusing, share hosting doesn't have any limits for email sending. What do you recommend to use?

They say they don't have limits but the moment you try to send out 50k emails, they'll block you when you reach 1% of that.

Get an email marketing system (see my tip about sendfox) or use a service like Mailgun, sendgrid, etc.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!