Promotions Discarded When Non-Promotion Product Added

We're setting up some extended promotions rules.
In this case i want to simplify things for our staff.

Let's create a promotion for Cyber Monday, the problems start when excluding products.

I make a new cart promotion called Cyber Monday 2019.
The bonus is simple: Order discount -> To percentage of original price 79 (to give a 21% discount)

This simply goes for all products except for two specific brand (which isn't allowing discounts)

If any of these conditons are true:

Condition1 -> Brands

Is not in -> Brand a

Condition2 -> Brands

Is not in -> Brand B

This works, when adding any product it gives a 21% discount, except on products from brand A or B.

Now it starts:
When adding a discounted product AND a product from brand A or B, the discount will be on BOTH products, including the one from BRAND A or B
What am i doing wrong here?

A year later. Is there a way to exclude a brand from being discounted?

A year later. Is there a way to exclude a brand from being discounted?

Try this way.

[attachment=14714:Promo 2020-11-29.png]

Promo 2020-11-29.png

Problem is.

If I ad a excluded brand, code doesn’t work. If I ad any other product, code works for that product and the excluded product. Weird.

Problem is.

If I ad a excluded brand, code doesn’t work. If I ad any other product, code works for that product and the excluded product.

Works fine for me (tested on 4.11.5 and 4.12.1_beta). I didn't dig deeper to see how it would interact with other catalog promotions but seems ok to me.

Ah no! It’s with discount codes.

We have catalog discount now with excluded brands. Work like a charm. However, using a discount code, then it ignores the brand rule. Will double check it again.

Ok, retry.

I make a promotion based on a coupon code.

Couponcode -> IN - > Discount (bonus set to 10%)

Based on product feature -> brand i exclude brands.

What happens:

1) Add product with brand from exclusion list to cart, enter code, code doesn't work (perfect)
2) Add product which is allowed for discount to cart, enter code, code does work (perfect)

3) add 1 not allowed product and 1 allowed product to cart, enter code, code does work and calculates discount for both products.

Is there a way to discount the product which is allowed to discount, but ignore the other product?