• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Email Templates <![Cdata[ ]]> Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:30 PM #1

I just upgraded from 4.9.3 to 4.11.1, I see all email templates now begin with " <![CDATA[ " and end with " ]]> "

The closing tag: " ]]> " is printing at the bottom of all the email sent.

How can I stop this closing tag from printing?

CS-Cart Ultimate ver 4.9.3 SP1

• soft-solid
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:00 PM #2

Hello

It seems you can remove it from the templates. Some templates have this tag and some don't.
Remember to delete the beginning and the end.

Best regards
Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 06:12 PM #3

28 of 54 templates in 'template_emails' db table include the opening " <![CDATA[ " tag, and closing " ]]> tag.

I wonder if it's there from a faulty install. It seems likely that the tags were added by mistake when parsing the XML, and I can't find any changes between ver4.93 and ver4.11.1 in /install/resources/email_templates.xml set up file (other than the change from 'dear customer' to 'hello customer', and a logo modification.

The tags do not exist in my 4.9.3 installation, and just checking the CS-Cart Demo store, they don't exist there either...

But, I'm reluctant to remove the tags until I know HOW they were included in the installation - this could be a symptom of a larger problem or server misconfiguration.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19954 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:44 AM #4

Did you contact support team with this question? As alternative, try to post issue to the bug tracker

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:17 PM #5

Did you contact support team with this question? As alternative, try to post issue to the bug tracker

Thank you for your help.

I have not contacted the support team. I don't know if it is a bug. I'm curious if anyone else has these tags in their email templates - they showed up when upgrading from 4.10.4 to 4.11.1 (because it's not in the backup data of 4.10.4).

If you look at the database table 'template_emails' you can see them all in the default_template field. 

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3866 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:31 AM #6

I don't see them in a default install of 4.11.1.  Attached is an export of table "cscart_template_emails".

Attached Files