• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Continue Shopping Button Rate Topic   - - - - -

• notlim
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:04 PM #1

I would like to code the Continue Shopping button to take the customer to the home page.

How can I do that?

Thank you

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:37 PM #2

Create an override for the file design/themes/responsive/templates/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl and replace the parameter for but_target with the URL that you want to force customers to.  I.e.:

but_target="https://mydomain.com"

To create the override, copy the above file to:

design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/my_changes/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl

You may have to create the path.  Insure the my_changes addon is active and clear the cache using ?cc&ctpl

This is the "best practices" approach that will give you the greatest upgrade resiliance.  Feel free to contact me via the link in my signature if you're not comfortable making this change by yourself.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19766 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:04 AM #3

To create the override, copy the above file to:

design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/my_changes/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl

You may have to create the path.  Insure the my_changes addon is active and clear the cache using ?cc&ctpl

Just small correction 

The correct path should be

design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/my_changes/overrides/buttons/continue_shopping.tpl

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:48 PM #4

thanks for the correction.  shouldn't have had the additional 'my_changes' in the path.  Most of the time I'm overriding addon pages....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• notlim
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 04:53 PM #5

Thank you both