Comments And Reviews - How To Enable Rating Without Review

Hi, I would like to make possible to just post a rating for the product, without having to write a review, so review would be an option, not mandatory. Is it possible?

Hello

Yes. It is possible.

You need to select Rating in particular products tab Addons-> Comments and reviews.
Then you will be able to rate the product without having to write a review.
Best regards
Robert

Thanks but it disable the possibility of writing a review, I just would like to make it an option, not mandatory but also not to disable it completely.

Hello

You can modify file /design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/discussion/views/discussion/components/new_post.tpl

or prepare small addon, override hook discussion:add_post where you should delete "cm-required"

Best regards

Robert

Something bad happened, I deleted "cm-required" and then the rating stars and the "write review" text disappeared from all the product pages. I backed up the original new_post.tpl file but it didn't help. I cleared the cache & tpl few times.

I just changed from:

{__("your_message")}

to:

{__("your_message")}

It works for me

https://prnt.sc/pgr7kb

I have checked this, in case you remove cm-required and post just stars as review, reviews for that product no longer opens..

I would really also like to have stars on product page were customers could simply rate product by stars without writing their names or other details

It works for me

https://prnt.sc/pgr7kb

Yes, it allows to post just a rating without a review but before I had stars or a text "write review" under the product name. Now it disappeared, what's strange it disappeared in all storefronts for all the products, however when I change the product template to the original it's visible again (but I can't change, I use options table matrix).

The changes from post #4 cannot affect product template header. So most possibly issue is caused by cache clearing and other actions made before

The changes from post #4 cannot affect product template header. So most possibly issue is caused by cache clearing and other actions made before

Yeah, clearing tpl cache makes sense, need to find what was changed before without clearing cache at that time.

Found the problem, product template file was missing 2 lines: {hook name="products:main_info_title"} and {/hook}, can't remember if I removed them and if so why would I. So it was definitely problem with clearing the tpl cache.

Thank you for keeping us updated!

I've looked thru all the available addons and there is nothing in the Marketplace for "extending" Comments and Reviews that gives you the option to allow the customer to just click the stars and submit without leaving a written review. And some of these addons already show the reviews in a way that all they need to do is to select the comments that aren't empty. They are already averaging the ratings separately.