• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Shipping Freight Overrides Free Shipping Method Rate Topic   - - - - -

• avlach
  • Trial users
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:36 AM #1

Hello,

in a shop certain products have a special shipping cost due to volume. Thus in the product page in the Shipping Properties tab I have entered the desired cost in the Shipping freight input field. However this cost should apply only when the product is shipped to the client. If the client chooses to pick the order from the physical store the shipping cost should be 0 obviously.

The problem: I have created a "pickup from store shipping method" with zero cost but when the client goes to the checkout page the product's shipping freight overrides the method cost and imposes the charge.

Is there a solution to this problem without tinkering with the cart/checkout code?

Thank you in advance

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19766 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 02:10 PM #2

I do not think that CS-Cart team will confirm such behaviour as a bug. Additional code modifications are required to solve the issue

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4655 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:41 PM #3

how about using weight based shipping, and dont enter shipping on the product details tab

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2305 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:34 AM #4

Untested, but you could try making a promotion with shipping method as condition. Choose pickup from 0 and bonus, free shipping. Might just work.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• avlach
  • Trial users
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:26 AM #5

Thank for your replies.

I do not think that CS-Cart team will confirm such behaviour as a bug. Additional code modifications are required to solve the issue

I did not say it's a bug just an inconvenience. 

how about using weight based shipping, and dont enter shipping on the product details tab

As I mentioned this is volume based the products are children's tricycles. They are not the heaviest products simply the most difficult to handle due to the packaging size.

Untested, but you could try making a promotion with shipping method as condition. Choose pickup from 0 and bonus, free shipping. Might just work.

hm...  I'll give this a try and see if it can work!

Thank you again!

• avlach
  • Trial users
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:30 PM #6

I just wanted to inform you that the cart promotion method worked. I chose the category and the shipping method as conditions and set the shipping to 0 as a bonus.

Thank you for the help