• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Data-* Attributes In Html Rate Topic   - - - - -

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:22 PM #1

Can anyone provide a pointer to any documentation that lists all the data* attributes by name, any values they may have and/or the behavior of each?

There's no documentation I can find on this other than how to set a link to submit a form.

Having

data-ca-lite-checkout-auto-save-on-change

"true" or "false"

Determines whether to save the values when the value changes.  Will "GET" the data to controller=checkout, mode=customer_info

From what I can see, there may be 10's or 100's of these with various meanings and definitions.   A simple presence should indicate 'true" and absence indicates "false"

Sure be nice if developer documenation was available BEFORE a release or at least at the time of release!  Grr...

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:27 PM #2

No one?  How about someone from cs-cart since Ilya isn't answering emails and the bug I submitted was changed to "Working as designed" without any response to further comments....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 06:08 PM #3

So, cs-cart can't provide a list of supported attributes, their valid values and description of behavior.  How are we supposed to port addons to the new checkout?  Guess?  Or am I supposed to dig through the JS and find the attribute names and then follow the code to figure out what they do?

This is such a horrible release as it relates to changes, support and information.

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:17 AM #4

I can not help you out on this one, we have our own theme, with only custom javascript and do not use any of the CS-Cart source files when it comes to this. You could try looking for the usage of the '.data' or '.getAttribute('data-....' functions, but besides that, I'd have no clue where to look either.

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19766 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:07 PM #5

What we can do here is just check parameter name (e.g. data-ca-my-param) and make search by files content in the js directory. In this example search by "caMyParam" and research the code :(

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11384 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:19 PM #6

Really poor business decision by cs-cart not to support developers.