• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.10.4 With Strong Customer Authentication And Bug Fixes Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:09 PM #81

I've checked your site, and I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I can't help without admin access to your site. What I can do is check our demo and confirm that step-by-step checkout works there, once configured as described in the add-on settings. It does work, so the problem needs to be investigated in your store.

Please contact our technical support via Help Desk, and they'll look into the issue. Help Desk is the only place where we can safely accept access information to your site.

Did send it to Ekaterina Yarusova could you please check in order to avoid delays? Thank you very much

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:18 PM #82

Did send it to Ekaterina Yarusova could you please check in order to avoid delays? Thank you very much

I've sent you a personal message here at the forum (to avoid disclosing any potentially sensitive information in public).

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:40 PM #83

For the time being, the old checkout is still avaliable as an add-on. It still comes with new installations of CS-Cart (for example, with the latest 4.10.4 SP1). Eventually, deprecated add-ons stop coming with new installations, but remain in existing stores after upgrades. That way, those who used the add-on in the past can continue to do so, if they'd like.

We understand that not everyone is happy with the new checkout. Yet saying that everyone is unhappy based solely on the feedback in this topic would be an overstatement. We see that there is a large number of people who asked for the new checkout and are using it. That's why we can't immediately act on suggestions to deprecate the new checkout and bring back the old one.

However, since there is a problem, we'll be reviewing all the feedback received at the forum so far (here and in other threads) to see how we can improve the new checkout. These improvements probably won't come with 4.11.1 (it is almost finished, and is scheduled for release rather soon), but may come in later versions.

I tried to backout to go back to step-by-step but it did not work for me, I followed the procedure but it is till show lite checkout.

I cleared cache multiple times as well.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:44 PM #84

I tried to backout to go back to step-by-step but it did not work for me, I followed the procedure but it is till show lite checkout.

I cleared cache multiple times as well.

- Go to Design > Layouts > Checkout.

- Find the grid in which the "Main Content" block is located.

- Click the gear button to open the settings of the grid (not the Main Content block).

- Make sure that the wrapper is set to "None", not "Lite checkout".

- Make sure that only the "Main Content" block is enabled, and other blocks (Deliver to, Address, Customer, and other blocks in that grid) are disabled.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:13 PM #85

For the time being, the old checkout is still avaliable as an add-on. It still comes with new installations of CS-Cart (for example, with the latest 4.10.4 SP1). Eventually, deprecated add-ons stop coming with new installations, but remain in existing stores after upgrades. That way, those who used the add-on in the past can continue to do so, if they'd like.

We understand that not everyone is happy with the new checkout. Yet saying that everyone is unhappy based solely on the feedback in this topic would be an overstatement. We see that there is a large number of people who asked for the new checkout and are using it. That's why we can't immediately act on suggestions to deprecate the new checkout and bring back the old one.

However, since there is a problem, we'll be reviewing all the feedback received at the forum so far (here and in other threads) to see how we can improve the new checkout. These improvements probably won't come with 4.11.1 (it is almost finished, and is scheduled for release rather soon), but may come in later versions.

In this world of technology why are we guessing who is happy and how is not happy with new checkout?

Why not setup a poll here or send a email survey? 

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4657 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:50 PM #86

Understandable yes. ANd with some tinkering of blocks etc its useable somewhat.

But can I ask a question, what is the possiblity of being able to switch off the huge overlay "click for shipping" ?

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11398 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:21 PM #87

How about fixing (or at least responding to) the currently submitted defects against lite-checkiout?  I submitted a defect in 4.10.1.  You provided a solution (partial) but it does not fully work.  It works for one case only but any variation fails.  You have also NOT provided any developer documentation on any of the new attributes that need to be used on the lite-checkout page.

Also, rather than having admins have to mess with the layouts for the step-by-step addon, why not have the addon installation do that for them?  Isn't that what software is for; to automate tasks/activities so that the results are accurate?  Given the variety of languages of your customers, offering instructions (versus software) is fraught with potential error.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• salvag
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 01:56 PM #88

Is it possible to install the stripe payment addon on older versions (4.9.3)?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4657 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:16 PM #89

all gone a bit quiet here  :?

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11398 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 06:38 PM #90

I think people are tired....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:05 PM #91

I think people are tired....

What is the point of writing the same over and over again if they don't consider changing anything? Did put back the old check out and will have to accept that there's no other option if not changing to a different program 

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:39 PM #92

all gone a bit quiet here  :?

would be nice if CS CART would announce that they are taking the feedback serious and working on a change