• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.10.4 With Strong Customer Authentication And Bug Fixes Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:13 AM #41

[...]

Have you been to Design > Layouts > Checkout? I'm asking because most of the points you brought up (order of sections and presence of certain fields) can be easily addressed there. By dragging the blocks, you'll change positions of various sections of the checkout. Block settings contain the fields that are displayed in the blocks, and their order. All this allows people to configure the checkout as they see fit.

P.S. Could you elaborate what you mean by "up and down arrows" in ZIP code?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4659 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:13 AM #42

Plus 1 to Flows comments.

Bad design, awful layout = lost revenue and also = people seeing these issues at point of trying a demo of cs cart and deciding not to purchase CS Cart

OH and I notice a post here has been deleted saying similar ? 

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:27 AM #43

Plus 1 to Flows comments.

Then could you answer the question above too?

OH and I notice a post here has been deleted saying similar ?

I did remove one of the posts above, because it violated forum rules. Posts with criticism don't get deleted, as long as they are constructive and don't get overly emotional.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:21 AM #44

Ignore your customers advice at your peril!
Layout should be at least "almost right" out of the box.

Webmasters/admins get emotional when software designers cause them work and lose them time and money... take heed.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:07 PM #45

@ikoshkin So sounds like it was my post that was deleted because I was overly emotional? 

Well let me ask you to shell out $2500, two years of tweaking, modifying, improving the cart to get to where I can get customers to process orders, then you guys decide to blow up the simplest thing of any shopping cart - "Checkout", I lose customers, orders and you want me to stay calm, troubleshoot every little issue with checkout and continue spending time?? 

What you all should do inclduing @imac is try to put yourself in your customers shoes.. 

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:12 PM #46

You may find that your statistical feedback from CSC installs are "colored" in that, expert webmasters tend to turn off the "help us improve" function whilst beginners may not even know that it is there,  nor realize the new checkout may be putting off customer. You should listen to your experienced csc users, (those posting here)  . Your statistics will be very subjective given all influences.
We turn it off.. thus you would not know that our install has not been upgraded until this is fixed.

I would like to go back to the old 3 step checkout, but is no longer available in the options add ons. 

I had a one step that was perfect, my friend Louis form CS CART ROCKS sold it to me, after last update it had some issues and I (must say most unfortunately) have abandoned it. Also because of the announcement of the one step check out that CS CART. Wish I still had it. CS CART, talk to Louis and buy his one step, it would be a 100 % improvement to the current situation. 

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:12 PM #47

I understand why you turn off statistics. I do it too, whenever and wherever I can.

But working in a software company has taught me that by disabling statistics, I give up on one of the opportunities to improve the product. While qualitative data (such as separate forum comments) can give food for thought and lead to improvements, quantitative data (such as statistics) is an absolute must before major changes and developments.

Even knowing that, I still disable statistics in all software, knowing full well that without my input to the statistics, devs might focus on other aspects of the software.

@ikoshkin 

So lets do this, remove your software developer hat for a day...put on a business man hat..

I am sure this forum has a way to setup a poll, set up a poll asking to pick one of the choices to your customers and see the real numbers, you are welcome!

1) I have not tried lite checkout 

2) I use lite checkout and love it

3) I use lite checkout and I hate it

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:15 PM #48

Then could you answer the question above too?

I did remove one of the posts above, because it violated forum rules. Posts with criticism don't get deleted, as long as they are constructive and don't get overly emotional.

I understand that people get emotional after finding themselves stuck with this check out drama. Without kidding, looking at it makes me want to cry, especially because I see no simple way out to having a checkout similar to all proven webshop check outs. At least nog without changing software. 

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 01:52 PM #49

The real issue here is cultural mentality....

In the US and most of part of world, companies usually listen to customers and do what customers want..

But in and around Russia - they know what customers want, they know what is good for their customers and customers are expected to take whatever they give and say thank you!  

How else would explain removal of a Shopify equivalent checkout to something that you have never seen with any shopping cart?

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:14 PM #50

@ikoshkin 

So lets do this, remove your software developer hat for a day...put on a business man hat..

I am sure this forum has a way to setup a poll, set up a poll asking to pick one of the choices to your customers and see the real numbers, you are welcome!

1) I have not tried lite checkout 

2) I use lite checkout and love it

3) I use lite checkout and I hate it

I vote for option 3

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2306 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 03:29 PM #51

Have you been to Design > Layouts > Checkout? I'm asking because most of the points you brought up (order of sections and presence of certain fields) can be easily addressed there. By dragging the blocks, you'll change positions of various sections of the checkout. Block settings contain the fields that are displayed in the blocks, and their order. All this allows people to configure the checkout as they see fit.

P.S. Could you elaborate what you mean by "up and down arrows" in ZIP code?

I See how this can make a difference. The thing is, I run a very busy webstore. I simply don't have time for all this. Checkout has been nailed by many addon suppliers here, as well as many competing carts. 

If you ask me, the old version - 2.x I think - 3-step checkout was still the best checkout cs-cart ever had. It was fast, easy to use, and clear. What nobody here understands is why you're trying to reinvent the wheel. 

Even if you CAN make it work nicely, imagine I had been a new customer, and I was testing cs-cart. I see this checkout, and I would never go with cs-cart. And that's such an unneccesary loss. 

Anyway, I'll try to play around with it. As for the arrows, please see: 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/5zu5yZXG

This is on the latest chrome, on an MS Surface 6

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4659 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:32 PM #52

Even if you CAN make it work nicely, imagine I had been a new customer, and I was testing cs-cart. I see this checkout, and I would never go with cs-cart. And that's such an unneccesary loss. 

If I was to rewind 10 years and look to purchase a cart again, and stumbled on this checkout in CS, Id leave and go Prestashop or another.

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:53 PM #53

At the time of buying cs-cart if had seen this checkout, I would have long gone never to return.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:59 PM #54

I See how this can make a difference. The thing is, I run a very busy webstore. I simply don't have time for all this. Checkout has been nailed by many addon suppliers here, as well as many competing carts. 

If you ask me, the old version - 2.x I think - 3-step checkout was still the best checkout cs-cart ever had. It was fast, easy to use, and clear. What nobody here understands is why you're trying to reinvent the wheel. 

Anyway, I'll try to play around with it. As for the arrows, please see: 

https://share.getcloudapp.com/5zu5yZXG

This is on the latest chrome, on an MS Surface 6

@Flow captured it accurately, step-by-step was working fine had no issues, it had familiar feel as Shopify and others.

And if I really needed single page checkout i would gone and purchased add-on. 

Why the need for a change when there are lot of other things need to be changed.

And If you really needed lite checkout..fine, at least give an option for other checkout, support both. Yeah that means double the work of validation but better than upsetting customers.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11405 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:07 PM #55

Try working with it as a developer. :  Grrr...

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:47 PM #56

Try working with it as a developer. :  Grrr...

With what step-by-step or lite?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11405 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:14 PM #57

The new lite-checkout.  Everything is based on attributes and Ajax (but no documentation/definition of those attributes).  Trouble is that once you set something, there's no way to change/preserve the data.  I.e. using the shipping_rates.post.tpl hook, you can enter data initially and it will be saved.  But if you go back and change something and then click a different payment method, the data in those fields reverts to the original data entered.  I.e. the changes are not updated and saved in the cart.

Bugs continue to sit in bugtracker as "unconfirmed" 

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 12:13 AM #58

"Deliver to"  label is on the left of the city field 

All other labels are on top of the fields, no consistency in labeling??

How nobody from CS-cart team noticed it is beyond me, even a casual observer would have noticed it. 

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:55 AM #59

@Flow captured it accurately, step-by-step was working fine had no issues, it had familiar feel as Shopify and others.

And if I really needed single page checkout i would gone and purchased add-on. 

Why the need for a change when there are lot of other things need to be changed.

And If you really needed lite checkout..fine, at least give an option for other checkout, support both. Yeah that means double the work of validation but better than upsetting customers.

After all the critics you find on this topic regarding the CS CART lite check out, there's nobody that is cheering, are you guys going to modify the thing? 

Months have passed, nothing has happened, I am considering finding a different software, to many abandoned carts after this modification, and whatever I do nothing will improve this fact. 

I want a normal standard state of the art check out like all other proven webshops that are out there, without some ugly black ulcer overlay that scares people away.  

Is it possible to give the option to have the old checkout back? And if so, is it then possible to use an add on like the one made by CS CART Rocks to create a one step check out? 

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3299 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:34 AM #60

Yep, I am after upgrading my store also, only thing that sets me back is this ugly checkout. Tested it few times myself and its too messy also not so configurable as it supposed to have been..

After all the critics you find on this topic regarding the CS CART lite check out, there's nobody that is cheering, are you guys going to modify the thing? 

Months have passed, nothing has happened, I am considering finding a different software, to many abandoned carts after this modification, and whatever I do nothing will improve this fact. 

I want a normal standard state of the art check out like all other proven webshops that are out there, without some ugly black ulcer overlay that scares people away.  

Is it possible to give the option to have the old checkout back? And if so, is it then possible to use an add on like the one made by CS CART Rocks to create a one step check out?