Cs Cart 4.10.1 Upgrade Product Variations, Etc

Hello,

I made test upgrade from 4.9.3 SP1 to 4.10.1. The doubt is how product options combinations are supposed to be converted to product variation. In my case the automatic conversion merged products options in admin but on front end all product variations now displayed as separate products each of them on separate page. Is it how it it is supposed to be?

I need to keep the same product structure. Means Product A with sizes 1,2,3,4,5 All sizes should be displayed at a time with radio buttons. Obviously every size has its price and description depending the one is chosen.

Is it possible to upgrade to 4.10.1 without converting options to product variations?

Does 4.10.1 support PHP 7.0?

After upgrade I have error on the bottom of every page

SyntaxError: expected expression, got ';'

Not sure of a quick way to fix the variants but in the back end you can go to the product and see where it says variants

https://prnt.sc/owqlm3

They should all be part of the "parent" product so have the same variation group id.

You can fix this by exporting to csv and bring them all in as childs of the main "parent" product.

We are just doing something similar, but Im not fully up to speed with it yet.

they can all have their own product code, eg whiteteesmall but should have the "variation group code", the same to sit with the main product.

Eg we have a tee called JC004

All our product codes are
JC004redsm
Jc004redmed

etc

but they all belong to JC004 in the variation group code column

Good luck

The interesting thing, that in back end I have like you showed on the picture. Parent and child variants, but besides parent and child variants, during upgrade all childs were also populated as separate products. So they are duplicated in a way. Is that normal upgrade behavior or may be it is a bug or error during upgrade?

The interesting thing, that in back end I have like you showed on the picture. Parent and child variants, but besides parent and child variants, during upgrade all childs were also populated as separate products. So they are duplicated in a way. Is that normal upgrade behavior or may be it is a bug or error during upgrade?

these may help

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/manage_products/products/convert_combinations_to_variations.html

Did you use this tool to convert all products with options to product variations? That is not the quickest solution in case of several thousand products with options...

Is there any other way to reimport products with options as product variations? (without remaking product csv)

After transition to new variations, the list of products in the admin panel will show every variation as a separate product. That's because each variation has a separate quantity which needs to be viewable and editable. If you use the "Advanced search" and look only for "Catalog items", you'll see how many products you actually have displayed on the storefront as separate items.

On the storefront, however, variations can appear as one or multiple catalog items. That depends on how the product features that distinguish these variations from each other are configured. More on that in the docs. We didn't encounter a problem with duplicates on the storefront. If that occurred, it's best to contact us via Help Desk (here's why).

The only automatic way to convert option combinations to variations is by using the converter. It is accessible by this path:

/admin.php?dispatch=product_variations_converter.process&by_variations=1&by_combinations=1

Just a note to anyone who might want to use this method: admin.php can (and totally should) have a different name in your store.