$14.04/DZ - Dozen, Each values

I would like to display my prices with the Box/Pack next to the price link this

$14.04/DZ Or $24.95/EA

Were do I store this value?

I don’t want to use Product Features as there displayed lower on the page.

If I add another field to the cscart_product_descriptions table and add it to the template, will it show? Or do I need to change the query as well?

wholesale products should do

12+ for xyz

single item: xyz

[quote name=‘truem’]wholesale products should do

12+ for xyz

single item: xyz[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure I was clear, I’m not looking to add another price for the product but a label that indicates the selling unit of measure. So if the product is a box of pens, and the box contains on Dozen pens, I want the this label to be stored somewhere in product record. And I would like to display it like $6.96/Dozen, meaning that this items sells for $6.95 for box of pens that contains a dozen pens. Or $24.95/Each is what you would think, each item is $24.95, or the selling unit is 1.

I have not looked at this too closely but I think you need to do the following.

1. Create a column for unit of measure in the _products table.
  2. Modify /skins/YOUR_SKIN/admin/product_pages/products.tpl to display/change this field.
  3. Modify /skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/product_pages/products.tpl to display this field.

You might also want to modify /product_pages/product_list.tpl in either or both customer and admin to display this field.

Hopefully one of the template coding gurus will jump in to give more thorough guidance.

Bob

Thanks,

I also found this related thread

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=5166[/url]

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I have not looked at this too closely but I think you need to do the following.

1. Create a column for unit of measure in the _products table.
  2. Modify /skins/YOUR_SKIN/admin/product_pages/products.tpl to display/change this field.
  3. Modify /skins/YOUR_SKIN/customer/product_pages/products.tpl to display this field.

You might also want to modify /product_pages/product_list.tpl in either or both customer and admin to display this field.

Hopefully one of the template coding gurus will jump in to give more thorough guidance.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Someone should seriously consider creating a CS-Cart addon mod as mentioned above for “Unit of Measure Display” in CS-Cart! :wink:

This mod would be extremely useful to every store owner whom sells products in bulk & especially when products are being offered in multiple unit of measures.