• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is It Possible To Copy A Category And Its Sub-Categories? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• fbranjo
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:12 AM #1

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to copy a Category and its Sub-Categories from dev domain and import it to my prod domain?

I appreciate your help from anyone who could have done similar or have any knowledge how to achieve this.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3823 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:37 AM #2

The only way to import and export categories is through products (associated with the product) and only the name of the category (not description or any other info).

You may want to check https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/ for an addon if you need more than the name.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19593 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:35 AM #3

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to copy a Category and its Sub-Categories from dev domain and import it to my prod domain?

I appreciate your help from anyone who could have done similar or have any knowledge how to achieve this.

Please pay attention to our module

https://www.ecom-lab...ort-import.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:05 AM #4

Hello

You can copy tables directly by e.g phpmyadmin.

Best regards

Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

• fbranjo
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:31 AM #5

Thanks for the replies.. i will check if copying the table directly will serve the purpose.