• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installing Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:50 AM #1

Hi 

Installing CS Cart for a new website.

Installation starts, gets most the way through but seems to stop/finish at "Writing_Config"

Then when I load the website, the install prompt remains but if you click install it just adds "install" to the URL.  You can do this repeatedly and end up with - http://wetshaverazor...nstall/install/

I've deleted and attempted again a few times, no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:04 AM #2

This is a screenshot of the exact point the installation "finishes".

install-stops.jpg

After that I redirected to - http://wetshaverazor...in.php?welcome=

The page still shows the installation link though and not the screen to choose license options.

install.jpg

Need help urgently.

If you click "install" - it does nothing

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:34 PM #3

I checked config_local and found that the install hadn't update the database details for some reason.  So I added the database details, turned on error reporting and this is what I get now 

edited-config.jpg

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19687 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:32 PM #4

This issue should be addressed to hosting administrator

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:06 AM #5

Do you know a bit more about the issue so I have more to tell them?  Thanks

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4638 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:58 PM #6

I had permission problems but when i change the permissions on install to 777 it works

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11358 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:45 PM #7

Suggest you have your hosting review the ownerships of files/directories as it relates to the PHP mode used for your site.  Generally all files/directories should be owned by [cpanel username] and group [cpanel username] and dir/file modes of 755/644.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:19 AM #8

This one's been on the back burner while I've been away.  Back to it today.

Changed permissions on install to 777 as well as var/images/design.

Now install hangs at Setup Languages / Processing.  Capture1234.jpg

Server error logs are completely empty.

Any ideas please guys?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19687 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:34 PM #9

May be now it is timeout issue?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11358 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:06 PM #10

Did your hosting recommend 777 for dir permissions?  Seems pretty loose to me.

Generally a PHP issue will be in the PHP error_log (out of memory, exceed cpu time, etc.) and Apache issue sin the httpd log (timeouts, page status codes, etc.)

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.