Jump to content

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Email Marketing/mailchimp Add-On Not Working In 4.10.3 Rate Topic   - - - - -

 

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:43 AM #1

In the Email Marketing add-on I have chosen Mailchimp, entered and saved my API Key, but when I select my mailing list and click save I get a 403 error like this:

 

ErrorWe couldn't verify the URL is working. Please double check and try again. HTTP Code: 403

http://www.mysite.co...e5&company_id=1

 

I'm guessing it's because the URL is being formed wrong. My site is all https:// whereas this is forming URLs beginning with http://

 

What's going on and how do I fix this? Or is it a bug?

 

Thanks in advance.



 

Posted 30 July 2019 - 01:06 AM #2

Hi Kingsley, which Mailchimp add-on are you currently using?

 

Joel.



 

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:45 PM #3

Where would I submit a bug report for this?

 

I have contacted Helpdesk. Their suggestion was to temporarily turn off https for the backend and try saving the mailing list. This didn't work.

 

Helpdesk wants me to pay for further help. I ain't doin' it. Pretty sure this is a bug.



 
  • cscartrocks
  • Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 24-Jan 11
  • 1763 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:49 PM #4

You can submit bug here https://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/


One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project


 

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:31 PM #5

So after at first saying they wouldn't help without me paying for support, today they appear to have solved the problem. They temporarily disabled my .htaccess file, ran the "Save" for my mailing list choice, then restored my .htaccess file. I'm assuming it will work OK now but I'll report back here if it doesn't.

 

CORRECTION: They did charge 10 support credits to my account. So my Helpdesk account now has a negative balance. 



 
  • ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • Join Date: 25-Nov 15
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:18 AM #6

So after at first saying they wouldn't help without me paying for support, today they appear to have solved the problem. They temporarily disabled my .htaccess file, ran the "Save" for my mailing list choice, then restored my .htaccess file. I'm assuming it will work OK now but I'll report back here if it doesn't.
 
CORRECTION: They did charge 10 support credits to my account. So my Helpdesk account now has a negative balance.


I ran across this topic and thought that I should explain why our specialists in Help Desk replied as they did (and a couple of other things).

1. Bugs are investigated free of charge, regardless of where they are reported (either on the bug tracker, or via Help Desk).

2. On the bug tracker, our specialists attempt to reproduce problems on clean CS-Cart installations. If a problem can't be reproduced, they ask the person who reported the issue to open a ticket in Help Desk. There we have more ways to investigate the problem.

3. If a problem turns out to be caused by a bug, support credits won't be charged. But before the investigation, we don't know if a problem is caused by a bug. That's why we reserve some support credits from the client's balance BEFORE we start the investigation. After that, we either charge those credits (if the problem wasn't caused by a bug in CS-Cart), or return them to the client's balance.

4. We inform people when their support credit balance is 0 or negative. Once the balance is negative, we won't be able to reserve credits and investigate the problem in Help Desk. In that case, the bug tracker still remains an option (if the problem is common and can be reproduced on a clean installation, like the demo).

As for the problem you described:

As far as I understand, it was caused by the fact that the content of the .htaccess file in your installation was different from the standard file that comes with CS-Cart. Our support specialist changed that file to the default one temporarily to check it. After that, your original .htaccess file (the one that was causing the problem) was returned, and the default file was left under the name .htaccess_default in case you need it.

If so, then the problem could still occur. To solve it, you'll need to rename your current .htaccess to something else, and rename .htaccess_default to .htaccess. It was done that way because the changes in your current .htaccess file could be important for something else, and we couldn't just delete them.

I hope this explanation helps.