Customer Finance Options - Buy Now, Pay Later

Has anyone had success with any gateway processors, 3rd party financial companies, or add-on combinations, etc. (that will work in the US) to allow customers to buy now and pay whenever they can afford to do so or in smaller installments? (and where the merchant gets paid in full now and it is not the merchant's problem if the customer skips out on the rest of the payments - once merchandise ships, it's tough to recover costs!)

I see cs-cart has "Divido payments" already available as an add-on, so I just recently contacted Divido to see what it costs. The website I found did not seem very transparent on who pays what costs without contacting them first, which makes me a tiny bit suspicious already on their fees.
I also see there is FuturePay as a payment gateway, so I went to their website and something just seems a little off with how to contact them with questions for merchants wanting to know more.

I also see things like snapfinance.com and westcreekfin.com that may work(?), but hoping someone already uses something that works seemlessly within cs-cart's checkout system.

Either I'm a little paranoid or the consumer finance world seems like it could be a little shady sometimes...

Anyway, any suggestions on solutions to allow customers more finance payment options would be appreciated. (this topic may help many other merchants here increase sales above just offering normal online payment processing, depending on the suggestions.)

Thanks!

PayPal.?

Thanks! I just saw PayPal offers PayPal Credit - which used to be called PayPal Pay Later. I may need a good way to promote it since many stores use PayPal...