• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stripe - Sca Authentication Coming Soon But Not Supported Rate Topic   - - - - -

• monomatic
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:46 PM #1

Stripe are introducing Strong Customer Authentication on 14th September 2019 for payments within Europe.

I'm currently using the WebKul Stripe payment addon which will not support this as it uses the older Charge API, rather than the newer Elements API. 

I have asked both WebKul and SimTech (who have an alternative addon which also uses Charge API), neither have committed to making any change to support SCA and simply requested that we be patient and wait to see if they choose to support it. 

The change is now weeks away, so this puts us in a difficult position, we need to know we will b able to continue taking payments throgh our chosen gateway.

- Is anyone else in the same boat?

- Are there any other alternative solutions for Stipe payments?

Thanks,

Geraint

Stripe: On 14 September 2019, new requirements for authenticating online payments will be introduced in Europe as part of the second Payment Services Directive (PSD2).

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:38 AM #2

Stripe are introducing Strong Customer Authentication on 14th September 2019 for payments within Europe.

I'm currently using the WebKul Stripe payment addon which will not support this as it uses the older Charge API, rather than the newer Elements API. 

I have asked both WebKul and SimTech (who have an alternative addon which also uses Charge API), neither have committed to making any change to support SCA and simply requested that we be patient and wait to see if they choose to support it. 

The change is now weeks away, so this puts us in a difficult position, we need to know we will b able to continue taking payments throgh our chosen gateway.

- Is anyone else in the same boat?

- Are there any other alternative solutions for Stipe payments?

Thanks,

Geraint

Its not just Stripe, its also PayPal as I have heard.

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).

• monomatic
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:48 PM #3

Its not just Stripe, its also PayPal as I have heard.

indeed, It is payments in Europe really I think so many other processors too, if not all.

With PayPal it will be included within their user flow as a matter of course, but it seems with Stripe this would only happen if you are using the new Elements API  (and not the older Charge API).

At the moment it appears that there is no solution for CS-Cart to take payments using Stripe in Europe after SCA comes in (September) - I can't quite believe that's the case, it's really the reason for posting this.