• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart Progress: April / May 2019 Video Report Rate Topic   - - - - -

• teosu
  • Members
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:04 PM #21

You are says magento enterprise support etc, did u check cs-cart extra support prices? Cs team sell product + support, (magento is free) they want just money for unlimited support ( enterprise ) , also maybe 200-300 company support for magento, or woo, you can find really cheap companies, for cs-cart only 10-15 russian company and all them of really expensive

• mumbomedia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:29 PM #22

You are says magento enterprise support etc, did u check cs-cart extra support prices? Cs team sell product + support, (magento is free) they want just money for unlimited support ( enterprise ) , also maybe 200-300 company support for magento, or woo, you can find really cheap companies, for cs-cart only 10-15 russian company and all them of really expensive

Yeah. Used CS's carts support quite a lot. 10 or 20 worth in credits which took them quite some time to sort is not expensive and this forum has some real hero's aswell.

Magento is NOT free. Where do you get that?!?
The community edition IS free, but no support or whatsoever from the team, also the free edition is NOT PCI Compliant and has way lower security then the enterprise version.
If you want official support with good security it starts at 2000 a month. There are more diffrences between the free and enterprise version. Free version is only good for small stores.

In the past 5 years i've found all support i need on these forums and trough the CS.Cart support. Overall we're super happy with CS.Cart, the only thing which i see as a real problem is the new light checkout, which as i believe is being planned to improved as we speak.

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:33 PM #23

Yeah. Used CS's carts support quite a lot. 10 or 20 worth in credits which took them quite some time to sort is not expensive and this forum has some real hero's aswell.

Magento is NOT free. Where do you get that?!?
The community edition IS free, but no support or whatsoever from the team, also the free edition is NOT PCI Compliant and has way lower security then the enterprise version.
If you want official support with good security it starts at 2000 a month. There are more diffrences between the free and enterprise version. Free version is only good for small stores.

In the past 5 years i've found all support i need on these forums and trough the CS.Cart support. Overall we're super happy with CS.Cart, the only thing which i see as a real problem is the new light checkout, which as i believe is being planned to improved as we speak.

Main issue that remains with CS-Cart is that they are continuously ignoring any requests. They only add new features if Simtech needs them (and not other developers). A great example of this was the fact that they had a very outdated version of the AWS SDK, which they have now finally updated only for simtech to use. Its great that they finally did, but it just sucks that we get no say in this whatsoever, after all I requested this over 4 years ago.

• mumbomedia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:46 PM #24

Main issue that remains with CS-Cart is that they are continuously ignoring any requests.

And THAT's what i do agree on. This is an issue with more systems though. Woocommerce for example has since the first version a fixed "show number of products per page of 12". You have to override that with code or a plugin. But it's something silly. I've and hundreds if not more people have requested to change this. Just add a section where to change this, but they're not even responding.

I've mentioned this about CS.Cart somewhere else. There are loads of feature request which are just being ignored.
I am 100% sure that if CS.Cart/Simtech upped customer/community communication and actually listen a bit more they will grow!

Posted 01 March 2020 - 10:16 PM #25

And THAT's what i do agree on. This is an issue with more systems though. Woocommerce for example has since the first version a fixed "show number of products per page of 12". You have to override that with code or a plugin. But it's something silly. I've and hundreds if not more people have requested to change this. Just add a section where to change this, but they're not even responding.

I've mentioned this about CS.Cart somewhere else. There are loads of feature request which are just being ignored.
I am 100% sure that if CS.Cart/Simtech upped customer/community communication and actually listen a bit more they will grow!

Worst part is that they don't allow you to even submit pull requests to fix issues or to add things yourself...