Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.2 With Improvements And Bug Fixes

We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.10.2. It is a patch release, so it focuses on fixing bugs instead of adding new functionality. The only big change is the ability to disable the requirement for phone number in the international format. Check the changelog or the article in our blog for more information.

For the time being, we provide upgrades to 4.10.1 and 4.10.2 in limited numbers. For example, at first we make 20 upgrade packages available for download. Those who check the Upgrade Center and download them, will get to upgrade first. After that, we make 40 upgrade packages available, and so on. This limitation gets lifted some time after the release.

[*] Checkout: Profile fields: “Full name” was changed to “First Name and Last Name” to make it clear how to enter the data.

still wrong seperating name and surname.

Checkout: Profile fields: “Full name” was changed to “First Name and Last Name” to make it clear how to enter the data.
still wrong seperating name and surname.

Yes. The point of the fix in 4.10.2 was to make sure that people write name and surname in correct order. For example, in Russia people could write surname first, and it would end up being a name.

What you brought up in a bug report is a different matter that we will address in 4.10.3.

4.10.2 that advises customers enter their full name as "John Doe" (as opposed to "Doe John").

4.10.3 will properly separate "John Richard Doe" or "Doe John Richard" (depending on how you configure the checkout) into name and surname.

i understant thank you for info, i send u pm. i hope yu will better address profiling on 4.10.3 still our clients stay 4.9, and my client want open mv store, i offer him plus they accept but profiling ( billing/shipping) really problem for us. then we cant start the project. anyway we are waiting your great works..

Please do include all the icons foe social media in MV-4.10.3 its amusing why you haven't included it already in the first place, when you added the instagram icon in the new release i thought it will take many more releases before getting pinterest, linkedin and youtube icons .....hahaha

PLease do include more icons .

Hi,

Is it good idea to upgrade to version 4.10 and then use old shipping and billing which is marked as deprecated until see separated billing and shipping.

thx

Hi ikoshin

Payment method is still choose crowded. Maybe add there like use international phone or the other. Add show all or show step for payment method.

http://i64.tinypic.com/23r8vf7.png

Since `func.php` file is not being included anymore for add-on Scheme Version 4, how to define add-on's setting variants functions?

Since `func.php` file is not being included anymore for add-on Scheme Version 4, how to define add-on's setting variants functions?

Never mind `schemas/settings/variants.functions.post.php` file works well.

I got a Notification in my Dashboard as below on june 13, 23:50 -

Upgrade available

A new version of Multi-Vendor is available. If you want to upgrade to the latest version now, click here.
currently I am on MV-4.10.1, but when i click the above it takes me to upgrade center with no Upgrade showing there even after refresh,

can you let me know what is the use of options tab in 'products editing' when features is all you need for variations, and second question is unlike before now in new version of MV how does seller access features to create variations for his products.

I am lost a bit after upgrade and finding difficult to train my sellers for the dashboard training session , a detailed video from cscart will be helpfull ( current video does not answer all doubts)

Please do include all the icons foe social media in MV-4.10.3 its amusing why you haven't included it already in the first place, when you added the instagram icon in the new release i thought it will take many more releases before getting pinterest, linkedin and youtube icons .....hahaha

PLease do include more icons .

I've listed it as a requested feature. If more people express interest in this, it may be included in one of the future versions of CS-Cart.

Hi,
Is it good idea to upgrade to version 4.10 and then use old shipping and billing which is marked as deprecated until see separated billing and shipping.
thx

CS-Cart 4.10.1 still has the old checkout available. Ultimately, the decision whether to upgrade or not depends on many factors, such as:

- Does your business need the changes from 4.10.1 right now?

- Do you have third-party add-ons or themes that haven't been updated for 4.10.1 yet?

You can try variations and the old and new checkout in 4.10.2 at https://demo.cs-cart.com and make the decision yourself, depending on the factors I listed.

Hi ikoshin
Payment method is still choose crowded. Maybe add there like use international phone or the other. Add show all or show step for payment method.
http://i64.tinypic.com/23r8vf7.png

The demo data has a lot of unnecessary payment methods, and usually there're supposed to be fewer options.
But if your store does have many payment methods, then maybe this standard add-on can help: https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/shipping_and_taxes/shipping_methods/create_payment_dependencies.html

I got a Notification in my Dashboard as below on june 13, 23:50 -

Upgrade available
A new version of Multi-Vendor is available. If you want to upgrade to the latest version now, click here.

currently I am on MV-4.10.1, but when i click the above it takes me to upgrade center with no Upgrade showing there even after refresh,

It could be that someone downloaded the upgrade in the meantime. We still haven't lifted the restriction on upgrade downloads, but we hope to do this over the course of the next week.

can you let me know what is the use of options tab in 'products editing' when features is all you need for variations, and second question is unlike before now in new version of MV how does seller access features to create variations for his products.

I am lost a bit after upgrade and finding difficult to train my sellers for the dashboard training session , a detailed video from cscart will be helpfull ( current video does not answer all doubts)

You're asking about the difference in options and features. Features are distinguishing properties of the particular product, such as color, size, etc. Options are additions to any product (such as gift wrap or extended warranty). Here's a relatively simple rule, which should be applicable for most cases:

Whatever affects inventory should probably be a product feature; whatever doesn't affect inventory can probably be an option.

The Options tab is still necessary, because there're still things they do better than features. For example, the ability to have custom engraving or optional paid extension of warranty for a product are best implemented as options.

Currently, marketplace owners need to set up the features and their variants. Vendors can then create variations (or group their existing products as variations), if they select values of those features for their products.

can you let me know what is the use of options tab in 'products editing' when features is all you need for variations

You can use Options, esp. the global ones, to circumvene some of the persistent problems in MV, like the inability to set vendor-specific locations, shipping rates and taxes.

CS-Cart 4.10.1 still has the old checkout available. Ultimately, the decision whether to upgrade or not depends on many factors, such as:

- Does your business need the changes from 4.10.1 right now?

- Do you have third-party add-ons or themes that haven't been updated for 4.10.1 yet?

You can try variations and the old and new checkout in 4.10.2 at https://demo.cs-cart.com and make the decision yourself, depending on the factors I listed.

Thank you so much. That the answer I am looking for.

Scheme version 4 Add-ons can not be Uninstalled when its status is disabled.

XmlScheme4 class throws the Exception because it tries to initialize the add-on's Installer class to fire OnUninstall method, but it can not be initialized because add-on is disabled.

Why can'I I create a new post on bug tracker?