• You cannot reply to this topic

Problem With Admin Login Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:47 AM #1

I have not done any changes, currently am on CS-Cart 4.8.1

Since last week or week before that domain.com/admin.php after I hit login it is taking rather long maybe 20 - 30 seconds for getting to backend. Everything wokrs rather quick, front end and backend, problem is just this delay in actually getting to backend no matter what I use, pc or other device. Have removed cache folder from var, cleared redirects, logs, optimised db but no luck.

Were to look for a problem ?

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2286 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:29 AM #2

Check your statistics date - maybe it's set to a year or so?

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:55 AM #3

I have not done any changes, currently am on CS-Cart 4.8.1

Since last week or week before that domain.com/admin.php after I hit login it is taking rather long maybe 20 - 30 seconds for getting to backend. Everything wokrs rather quick, front end and backend, problem is just this delay in actually getting to backend no matter what I use, pc or other device. Have removed cache folder from var, cleared redirects, logs, optimised db but no luck.

Were to look for a problem ?

There was such an issue related with incorrect SQL queries for statistic on dashboard. Please contact support team for the fix

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:39 PM #4

And may I ask where is that at?

Check your statistics date - maybe it's set to a year or so?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:42 PM #5

At first check size of the cscart_logs table

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11291 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:45 PM #6

Note that EZ Admin Helper will let you manage the logs by pruning them to some number of days.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3785 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 05:57 PM #7

Note that EZ Admin Helper will let you manage the logs by pruning them to some number of days.

Not sure which version but CSC recently added that function.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11291 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:02 PM #8

Not sure I've seen that.  They have a "clean logs" item on the gear menu for the logs page.  But I don't see any setting for number of days.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3785 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:28 PM #9

Screenshot_2019-06-10 Settings Logging - Administration panel.png

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:22 AM #10

I had it cleaned recently, its just up to 200 lines ~10kB

At first check size of the cscart_logs table

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:18 AM #11

So check list of tables and sort them by size. What do you see in top 5 ?

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:46 AM #12

cscart_order_data
cscart_order_details
cscart_product_features_values
cscart_search_cache_en_1
cscart_stored_sessions

First table is around 50MB

So check list of tables and sort them by size. What do you see in top 5 ?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:46 PM #13

From this I can say that the issue is not in database

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11291 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:49 PM #14

Either enable DEBUG or use your browser inspector to look at the network tab to see where it's spending its time.  Suggest that after you open a browser inspector window and you are at the admin login page that you clear your site cache and your browser cache and then login so you can see where time is being spent.  Note that you should enable "log retention" to see full activity across redirects.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:50 AM #15

So when I hit login

admin.php in inspector / network tab gives 302 and has longest responds

Second longest responds is from

admin.php?dispatch=helpdesk_connector.auth

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2286 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:32 AM #16

And may I ask where is that at?

Under the quick search, top right of admin (not sure about the latest version and if it's still there though). You can select the date for the statistics that show on the homepage of the admin area. 

We had someone who had the same issue, and she had this set to a year. So each time she logged in, the statistics for a full year were being calculated, which took about 20 seconds.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:21 PM #17

Under the quick search, top right of admin (not sure about the latest version and if it's still there though). You can select the date for the statistics that show on the homepage of the admin area. 

We had someone who had the same issue, and she had this set to a year. So each time she logged in, the statistics for a full year were being calculated, which took about 20 seconds.

I remember this issue too. It can be the reason

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:42 PM #18

I don't see a quick search setting anywhere

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:03 PM #19

To me it looks like  its hard coded in the controller to be a the last 30 days of sales if there is no time period specified.

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:10 PM #20

Confirmed its hard coded there is no way to change the default behavior without editing the controller for the dashboard.

IN: app/controllers/backend/index.php

Line 48: $time_period = DateTimeHelper::getPeriod(DateTimeHelper::PERIOD_MONTH_AGO_TILL_NOW);

Change the time period to what you need to improve load times.