• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Building Website On One Domain - Then Changing It To Another Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:55 AM #1

I am upgrading an existing website to cs-cart.  The existing website needs to stay live for now until the new website is built.  The new website will also be going on a new hosting package/server.

If I was to build the new website on the new server using a temporary domain name - how hard would it be to make the website work with the old domain once the appropriate DNS changes had been made.  What changes would I need to make on the site, config, DB etc?

• kogi
  • Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:41 AM #2

very simple. you just need to change 2 lines in config.local.php and the "storefront" url in the admin panel

find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:11 AM #3

Awesome, thanks Kogi

• al-bert
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:59 PM #4

I am upgrading an existing website to cs-cart.  The existing website needs to stay live for now until the new website is built.  The new website will also be going on a new hosting package/server.

If I was to build the new website on the new server using a temporary domain name - how hard would it be to make the website work with the old domain once the appropriate DNS changes had been made.  What changes would I need to make on the site, config, DB etc?

It's very easy, just follow CS-Cart's instructions to the letter; here is the documentation:

https://docs.cs-cart...her_server.html