• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Snuggertje
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:26 AM #161

I have the new version installed in a temp folder and i cannot understand the way the new checkout is working. I need shipping/billing etc. but even adding an adress field is not straight forward.

Im not having a great time using the software now. 

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2064 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 PM #162

I have the new version installed in a temp folder and i cannot understand the way the new checkout is working. I need shipping/billing etc. but even adding an adress field is not straight forward.

Im not having a great time using the software now. 

New fields should be added to checkout blocks. Because since 4.10 checkout page is manage using layout blocks.

So got to Design -> Layouts. Switch to Checkout location and open the Shipping address block. There you will be able to add new fields from shipping section.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2064 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM #163

Are u seious? You dont want understant me.
Cs-cart multiple address profile support entering billing/shipping addresses same database line
Its not usable, all new shopify, yo-cart another multi vendor platforms
Using each address each row line. Anyway also o leave break now, i hope cs team understant me , what i want

I see what you mean.

There two possible problems:

1. Client could have multiple credit cards and probably several billing addresses (not sure if this is the case)

2. Client might change his billing address for some reason (in this case we still should save the billing address in orders table)

But I do agree that main scenario should be one billing address (stored in users table) and several shipping address (in case multiple profiles is enabled) that is stored in profiles table.

In case multiple profiles is disabled - one billing and one shipping.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:58 PM #164

I find it interesting that all components in the checkout are now changeable blocks in layout, but for example position of place order button is not managed this way. For example in case I'd wish to have two column checkout with place order on right.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3261 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 PM #165

Another thing is that in most modern checkouts shipping and billing for return customers are not shown as editable fields with so much padding and spacing, return customer in most cases has option to edit if he wants, in popup or similar way. Why would somebody be offered to edit their address each time if they never change it ?

Honestly design and ease of use and time needed to understand new checkout is just way too poor.

Deliver to

now entering city, state, country but no, you have to click on grey box to proceed, how is this one page checkout if it is obvious next button..

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 132 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:13 PM #166

@Imac, will you introduce possibility to have different fields in Billing Address for the company entity (Vat number, company name) and different for the person?

Did you watch the video I've recorded?

Please, provide a simple yes/no answer. The topic about company billing address and vat number has been around for 3 years...

• leeshields
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:28 PM #167

Wow, thank god the restore worked, what a tram smash!!!

Recalculate shipping, then changes the details, then click again and fails, then recalculate shipping

Totally confusing for end users!!!