• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Snuggertje
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:26 AM #161

I have the new version installed in a temp folder and i cannot understand the way the new checkout is working. I need shipping/billing etc. but even adding an adress field is not straight forward.

Im not having a great time using the software now. 

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:15 PM #162

I have the new version installed in a temp folder and i cannot understand the way the new checkout is working. I need shipping/billing etc. but even adding an adress field is not straight forward.

Im not having a great time using the software now. 

New fields should be added to checkout blocks. Because since 4.10 checkout page is manage using layout blocks.

So got to Design -> Layouts. Switch to Checkout location and open the Shipping address block. There you will be able to add new fields from shipping section.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:21 PM #163

Are u seious? You dont want understant me.
Cs-cart multiple address profile support entering billing/shipping addresses same database line
Its not usable, all new shopify, yo-cart another multi vendor platforms
Using each address each row line. Anyway also o leave break now, i hope cs team understant me , what i want

I see what you mean.

There two possible problems:

1. Client could have multiple credit cards and probably several billing addresses (not sure if this is the case)

2. Client might change his billing address for some reason (in this case we still should save the billing address in orders table)

But I do agree that main scenario should be one billing address (stored in users table) and several shipping address (in case multiple profiles is enabled) that is stored in profiles table.

In case multiple profiles is disabled - one billing and one shipping.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3273 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:58 PM #164

I find it interesting that all components in the checkout are now changeable blocks in layout, but for example position of place order button is not managed this way. For example in case I'd wish to have two column checkout with place order on right.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3273 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:00 PM #165

Another thing is that in most modern checkouts shipping and billing for return customers are not shown as editable fields with so much padding and spacing, return customer in most cases has option to edit if he wants, in popup or similar way. Why would somebody be offered to edit their address each time if they never change it ?

Honestly design and ease of use and time needed to understand new checkout is just way too poor.

Deliver to

now entering city, state, country but no, you have to click on grey box to proceed, how is this one page checkout if it is obvious next button..

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:13 PM #166

@Imac, will you introduce possibility to have different fields in Billing Address for the company entity (Vat number, company name) and different for the person?

Did you watch the video I've recorded?

Please, provide a simple yes/no answer. The topic about company billing address and vat number has been around for 3 years...

• leeshields
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:28 PM #167

Wow, thank god the restore worked, what a tram smash!!!

Recalculate shipping, then changes the details, then click again and fails, then recalculate shipping

Totally confusing for end users!!!

• ChrisMila
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:52 AM #168

Why is the phone  +44 203-026-2550 not working ? My License is disabled for what ???? 

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:26 PM #169

Why is the phone  +44 203-026-2550 not working ? My License is disabled for what ???? 

Maybe something to do with the suggestion at https://forum.cs-car.....post&p=316438 being ignored?

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:43 AM #170

So please answer the following questions:

1. do you need billing address at checkout?

2. do you wok with companies (b2b)? if not please specify the reason why you need billing address

3. what approx percent of b2c compare to b2b sales on your site

4. what the best implementation of b2b checkout from you point of view (link or several to famous stores)

1. The option to have a separate billing and shipping address is essential for us. Not all customers use this option but that was fine because of the simple radio button if they required a different shipping address. It blows my mind that this function has been removed!!!

2. The majority of our customers are businesses or agencies, often ordering on behalf of a different business or location so again the ability to separate the addresses is absolutely needed!

3. Around 95% of our business is B2B.

4. I think CS-Cart handled the checkout perfectly well before. I was hoping the update would simply streamline the process while keeping the existing functionality. 

Additional Comments

It is also absolutely essential for our business that shipping is calculated using the customers postcode and not just the city they are from as it seemed in the update.

I have also noticed that since the update the main image on a product page has shrunk which I have been informed is a bug in the update.

I updated my store on good faith that this update would not cause issues like this and now I am worried that because my 1 year subscription runs out today I will not be able to update my store to rectify these huge issues without additional cost.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:29 AM #171

I would like to see a two step checkout, something along the lines of the images attached

Step1.jpgStep2.jpg

John Carroll
My Webshop: Alpha Spas

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:56 AM #172

customers are calling me because they can't complete the order. Reason: the order process blocks on the phone number, some of them really don't have a clue what to do with the chosen format, it is not clear. Different format is needed.

Product options do not work anymore. If I choose a product I can add it to the cart. If I choose also an option you can't add it to the cart. Try it for yourselves: https://lanternevola...ain-candlebag/ 

Try to add one pack op Candlebags: no problem

Add candles to the pack of candle bag: impossible to add to the cart

Situation is like this since the previous update and needs to be solved ASAP, had to deactivate all options which is a shitload of work, you can't do it in bulk but have to do it article per article

• alaa
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:29 PM #173

I would like to see a two step checkout, something along the lines of the images attached

Step1.jpgStep2.jpg

In my opinion, two step checkout is the most healthy and user-friendly approach. I have already suggested it in this post . However, the two steps should not be within the same page; to avoid too much content that would distract the buyer, and to minimize the scroll on mobile layout. Instead, it should be separated in two pages.

At the end of the day, the user actually sees these two steps only one time - upon his first purchase. All future purchases will be, practically, one step as the first step has been already filled before.

Having two-step progress bar (same as in the above screenshot) and a back button on the second step page is all the user need to know where he is. 

@imac 

• Aletro
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:20 PM #174

This checkout is designed by me and developed as addon already.
It's 2 step checkout

If you interested please pm

Step1.jpgStep2.jpg

www.shankara.it | cs-cart v. 3.0.2

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4586 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:21 PM #175

Why dont we have an email 2nd check field, i get plenty customers who enter wrong email details

https://forum.cs-car...nd-verify-same/

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2292 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:34 AM #176

It's not about believe. It's about a reason why.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

When did you send an invoice by a post service in real life?

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

The billing address is a companies, or legal persons registered address with the authorities. This NEEDS to be on the invoice (which can be digital) if he wants to add it to his accounting. That is why we absolutely need a billing address, which is often different from the shipping address.

Example: our company is registered at Office 1, billing address X.

We have 2 more locations where I ship my orders to (office 2 and 3). Therefore I always use different billing from shipping addresses.

Another example: A makeup artist orders makeup from a store. She uses her home address (where she is registered as freelancer) as billing address. She has the products shipped to the location where she's working from at the moment.

So the billing address is not only used to send a paper invoice to...

Another thing is credit cards use the billing address to check if it is the same as they have on file. If not, the payment will not go through.

Another thing is credit cards use the billing address to check if it is the same as they have on file. If not, the payment will not go through.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• teosu
  • Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:54 PM #177

It's not about believe. It's about a reason why.

Have you heard about 5Why framework. What I'm trying to is to understand the real reason why you ask for billing address.

When did you send an invoice by a post service in real life?

In case buyer want to receive an invoice he set his email, and that it's. Customers set their email even in case they buy for someone.

we are sending all days invoice with posta service when customer select shipping different address !

• memel
  • Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:43 PM #178

Why dont we have an email 2nd check field, i get plenty customers who enter wrong email details

https://forum.cs-car...nd-verify-same/

Good point. We have a lot of vendors who registering and entering with mistake emails.

• zendera
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:07 AM #179

Hello,

For new checkout in 4.10.2, we cannot use it for Japan because Japan address is different sort from US or othr countries.
e.g. Japan address sort: 1:Country > 2:Zip code > 3:State > 4:City > 5:address > 6:address2

* Current version of checkout cannot sort the address as above.

Can you change the following block as below for Japan can use it?
1. Address block: Currently cannot select country, state and city. Can you include those(country, state and city) to select?

2. Address block: Can you add "Are shipping and billing addresses the same?" with billing fields option like previous step by step checkout? In some situation, billing address and shipping address are different. Why did you remove billing address? Otherwise, billing addresses info is not updated when checking out.

3. Shipping methods block: Currently it work with "Deliver to" block. Can you change it work with Address block as well?

4. Deliver to block: Currently cannot sort order of country, state and city. Shipping method block does not work if remove city. In Japan the sort is from 1:Country, 2:state, 3:city. And shipping method work with country and state only.

Regards,

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:17 PM #180

I have products with options, after the update if an option is chose, other than the standard option, it is not possibile to add the product to the cart.

I have tried everything but does not work. I had to de activate ALL options for the time being without knowing when the issue will be resolved.

Check for yourself the issue on my website, I have left 1 article with optionshttps://lanternevola...ormale-piccolo/

Add the candle to the product and you will not be able to add the combination to the cart.