• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• alaa
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:43 PM #241

lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping:

I want to deactivate this POP UP, for me it is useless and creates only confusion for customers.

How can I deactivate it? 

I agree. This thing is ambiguous. I have already suggested to remove this feature to @imac. Checkout pages are likely to have high bounce rate. To avoid this, the checkout tunnel should be clear, standard, and as similar to other famous stores as possible.

It seems CS-Cart team not only re-invented the wheel in terms of a new checkout, but also created a new wheel! 

I will say it again and again. For a successful Checkout Experience, it should be separated into two pages. The first page is the shipping location, while all other details are on the second page. The first page should just ask a user to fill his shipping profile and allow him to pin his location on a map. 

I am also disappointed from the useless Maps and Geolocation addon! 

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:53 PM #242

Thanks for your support Alaa!

I hardly had any abandoned carts, now the numbers are going through the roof. And I think it is partly due to the new check out and this useless Pop UP. 

Anybody: how can I switch of this pop up?? It creates confusion and confusion I don't need on the check out page! I never asked for no pop up! 

lite_checkout.click_here_to_update_shipping:

I had one page check out by CSCART ROCKS, an that Add on worked perfectly, at least until this update!

after the update only registered customers could pay with PayPal, the others got a 403 error and I had to abbandon the add on for that.

Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:31 AM #243

From a developers point of view I presume you are very satisfied with this new functionality. 

From a users point of view I must say I am not at all happy with this new situation, which is an understatement based on the results I am obtaining with my check out. 

I want to invite you to open up any of the important and successful shopping web portals: you will not find this functionality. So if they don’t need it to make big sales why do we have to use these fancy things that, I am sorry to say, do not add anything but confusion and refusal. 

I am stuck now with a functionality that does not add anything to my check out page, additionally forcing me to follow a sequence that is not at all logical to me nor to my customers. 

Name, Adress, City, Province, Country is the usual sequence you find always and everywhere in all forms to fill out, it has become a standard in whatever form you find, whether written on paper or on the web. 

Why do we have to reinvent the wheel and make it something else than round with this new check out?

To customers it is not logical to put city, province and country first and then having to click on some checkbox to make something happen that could happen automatically filling out country? You have no pop up at payment options, please don’t add it! But also payment method can change price, so why having to click on shipping and not on payment. If payment does not need it, kill it for Shipping as well, less customers have to click the better it is. 

Please look at my level of abbandoned shopping carts, +7100 % abandoned carts after the new one page check out! 

I have bought the one step check out page made by CSCART ROCKS, or maybe he is only a reseller, I don’t know. It was simple, it was a copy of your previous check out pages that were simple and perfect and CS CART ROCKS combined all your pages in just one page with check boxes: it was perfect! 

Abandoned shopping carts almost 0. Now in 2 months, and these are the months that I should work most selling a product that is used for weddings, this incredible increase of abandoned carts, not having changed anything but  CS CART ROCKS check out to CS CART check out. 

Very nice the shipping and payment squares and the fact that they change color when you click on them, fancy and modern, looks just great.

Customers are simple people, often not used to using computers or making orders on phones and tablets, they want things they understand: simple things.

Check boxes is something everybody understands, they teach you how to use them in elementary school. 

Something else they thought me in the past, the KISS principal, Keep It Simple Stupid. Simple Stupid systems work, the more fancy we make them the more likely it is customers don’t understand them, are not used to them and run away.

Now you state the shipping price in the square box in a very prominent way, in the previous setting this was much less visible, and that was just perfect! If you wanted to know shipping price, there it was in the order overview. My shipping is free above 75 euro, but that is not visible in the box, if I add it to the pop up square it just adds to the confusion.  it was shown in the total in the order overview. Now showing it so prominent it is a conversion killer, my shipping is not cheap under 50 euro order volume.  

So 3 things I want to ask
1 Give the option to switch off pop up box. 
2 Go back to the check out boxes for shipping and payment options 
3 don’t put prices in such prominent way

Your customers will be happy if you do. I don’t want to change program but if my abandoned shopping carts continue in this way not much choice is left. Thanks for listening to me!

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:50 PM #244

Well I'm glad we didnt upgrade automatically. CSC dont seem to have a handle on this yet.
Do 3rd party checkout addons still work?
One page checkouts are not really a necessity IMHO,  its more important that the steps are logical and intuitive.

• mumbomedia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:09 PM #245

I have to admit that i like the new checkout, aswell as the customers. But that calculate shipping thing is a piece of sh...! I have a feeling they’re working on it now!

• alaa
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:20 AM #246

From a developers point of view I presume you are very satisfied with this new functionality. 

From a users point of view I must say I am not at all happy with this new situation, which is an understatement based on the results I am obtaining with my check out. 

I want to invite you to open up any of the important and successful shopping web portals: you will not find this functionality. So if they don’t need it to make big sales why do we have to use these fancy things that, I am sorry to say, do not add anything but confusion and refusal. 

I am stuck now with a functionality that does not add anything to my check out page, additionally forcing me to follow a sequence that is not at all logical to me nor to my customers. 

Name, Adress, City, Province, Country is the usual sequence you find always and everywhere in all forms to fill out, it has become a standard in whatever form you find, whether written on paper or on the web. 

Why do we have to reinvent the wheel and make it something else than round with this new check out?

To customers it is not logical to put city, province and country first and then having to click on some checkbox to make something happen that could happen automatically filling out country? You have no pop up at payment options, please don’t add it! But also payment method can change price, so why having to click on shipping and not on payment. If payment does not need it, kill it for Shipping as well, less customers have to click the better it is. 

Please look at my level of abbandoned shopping carts, +7100 % abandoned carts after the new one page check out! 

I have bought the one step check out page made by CSCART ROCKS, or maybe he is only a reseller, I don’t know. It was simple, it was a copy of your previous check out pages that were simple and perfect and CS CART ROCKS combined all your pages in just one page with check boxes: it was perfect! 

Abandoned shopping carts almost 0. Now in 2 months, and these are the months that I should work most selling a product that is used for weddings, this incredible increase of abandoned carts, not having changed anything but  CS CART ROCKS check out to CS CART check out. 

Very nice the shipping and payment squares and the fact that they change color when you click on them, fancy and modern, looks just great.

Customers are simple people, often not used to using computers or making orders on phones and tablets, they want things they understand: simple things.

Check boxes is something everybody understands, they teach you how to use them in elementary school. 

Something else they thought me in the past, the KISS principal, Keep It Simple Stupid. Simple Stupid systems work, the more fancy we make them the more likely it is customers don’t understand them, are not used to them and run away.

Now you state the shipping price in the square box in a very prominent way, in the previous setting this was much less visible, and that was just perfect! If you wanted to know shipping price, there it was in the order overview. My shipping is free above 75 euro, but that is not visible in the box, if I add it to the pop up square it just adds to the confusion.  it was shown in the total in the order overview. Now showing it so prominent it is a conversion killer, my shipping is not cheap under 50 euro order volume.  

So 3 things I want to ask
1 Give the option to switch off pop up box. 
2 Go back to the check out boxes for shipping and payment options 
3 don’t put prices in such prominent way

Your customers will be happy if you do. I don’t want to change program but if my abandoned shopping carts continue in this way not much choice is left. Thanks for listening to me!

Activate Old Step by Step Checkout and ask your addon developer (CSCART Rocks) to adapt their addon to it. It is very straight forward. They don't need to write any new code, just re-organizing their custom files directory. They would make it for free since the addon should be compatible with the latest version. 

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:33 AM #247

Activate Old Step by Step Checkout and ask your addon developer (CSCART Rocks) to adapt their addon to it. It is very straight forward. They don't need to write any new code, just re-organizing their custom files directory. They would make it for free since the addon should be compatible with the latest version. 

Well, sounds really straight forward, but he wanted to be paid for that. Besides that, he did not intend to update the add on but wanted to make on site adjustments. Did not see the point in that and canceled the add on. So no free updated add on like you state. Checked with other suppliers, they tell me they don't intend to update the 1 step check out (1SCO), getting bored of writing this name over ander over again, since CS CART now hat introduces their 1SCO, they say there's no point investing time there which leaves me stuck in the middle. 

If at least this cost of transport pop up dragon could be switched off in some way it would help.

Check boxes instead of colored frames would be a welcome change as well, old fashioned is better in this case. 

Well I'm glad we didnt upgrade automatically. CSC dont seem to have a handle on this yet.
Do 3rd party checkout addons still work?
One page checkouts are not really a necessity IMHO,  its more important that the steps are logical and intuitive.

next time I will wait updating for some weeks and check the blog first.... 

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:36 AM #248

I have to admit that i like the new checkout, aswell as the customers. But that calculate shipping thing is a piece of sh...! I have a feeling they’re working on it now!

I had a better checkout before, now this calculate shipping creates confusion, after the change my abandoned shopping cart has gone up with 7100 %, dramatic! Seems my customers don't like it.... 

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 05:01 PM #249

Well, sounds really straight forward, but he wanted to be paid for that. Besides that, he did not intend to update the add on but wanted to make on site adjustments. Did not see the point in that and canceled the add on. So no free updated add on like you state. Checked with other suppliers, they tell me they don't intend to update the 1 step check out (1SCO), getting bored of writing this name over ander over again, since CS CART now hat introduces their 1SCO, they say there's no point investing time there which leaves me stuck in the middle.

You are not telling the truth. Your order has past the free 6 months upgrade support and you canceled the addon upgrade.because we just want to check the specific problem on your site. You don't allow that so we can not help. We think the most basic thing of doing business or being a man is honesty.

Also we will keep improving and supporting our One Step Checkout addons.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:57 PM #250

You are not telling the truth. Your order has past the free 6 months upgrade support and you canceled the addon upgrade.because we just want to check the specific problem on your site. You don't allow that so we can not help. We think the most basic thing of doing business or being a man is honesty.

Also we will keep improving and supporting our One Step Checkout addons.

Funny that all of a sudden you are involved in this discussion, on Skype I tried to contact you starting the 21 th of august, you never bothered to answer? 

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4610 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:05 PM #251

next time I will wait updating for some weeks and check the blog first.... 

This is the 2nd best advice

1st best advice is to test on a dev site first

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4610 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:14 PM #252

https://prnt.sc/p35ypg

https://prnt.sc/p360z2

v4.5.2

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4610 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:34 PM #253

@lanternevolanti problem

Maybe this is part of the problem on demo store, i tried to check out 3 times and it just stopped, wouldn't go any further. Didnt tell me I had missed any info, no warnings appeared it was just dead.

I added my details, chose telephone payment, the google recaptcha button ticked, the place order 77.00 button appeared but it did nothing

https://prnt.sc/p365c8

https://prnt.sc/p365kb

v4.5.2

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:03 AM #254

Funny that all of a sudden you are involved in this discussion, on Skype I tried to contact you starting the 21 th of august, you never bothered to answer? 

You have refused every help that we can offer and actually after all the help you canceled the upgrade support. Then you keep lying in this forum about us. Please stop this behavior.

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:42 AM #255

unfortunately am unable to create one, lacking skill obviously

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:45 AM #256

You have refused every help that we can offer and actually after all the help you canceled the upgrade support. Then you keep lying in this forum about us. Please stop this behavior.

whatever, you are right, does not lead anywhere, we see things differently. CS Cart told me your version was not compatible after last update, is it compatible now? 

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:49 AM #257

We offered this guy free dev site setup and guess what, he refused!

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:50 AM #258

Thanks, it is an option to do it like that, does not take away the fact there's the useless pop up, any suggestions how to avoid that?  

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:00 AM #259

whatever, you are right, does not lead anywhere, we see things differently. CS Cart told me your version was not compatible after last update, is it compatible now? 

Of course it's compatible with the latest CS-Cart version. Your problem is very specific and you have refused all the offered help from us. Please just stop sending the wrong information here.

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:00 AM #260

We offered this guy free dev site setup and guess what, he refused!

Dear Louis, might be that time has blurred your memory: you did not offer me a free dev set up, I had to provide a dev site in order to give you the possibility to update your one step check out to last CS CART update.

Since I was unable to create the dev set up the project did not go ahead and our collaboration stopped. Pity, because I really liked your add on, as I stated in this forum before. It was ten times better than the current one. In the meanwhile I had hoped you would have been able to update the damn thing, contacted you several times on Skype but without any answers, presume you have been unable to make it work again. Real pity, very good add on.