• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4609 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:48 AM #201

This software is not 1 solution fits all, and it also isnt those who shout loudest come first.

I have a very heavily customised store so If i was to upgrade to this latest version, It would take weeks/months even and thousands, But Still If I was running basic the principle is the same, TEST before ruining a stream of your income.Event hen after all testing mistakes can be made

I also have a bricks and mortar store, warehouses etc etc that has outgrown itself many times throughout the years. This is partly down to CS CART and the presence it gives me on the web SO like my earlier post, i thank them for that.

Sure Ive waited years for this new feature, "variants" with stock control/images etc etc, and this is going to help my buisness lots, and will cost me thousands in time, addons, upgrade and effort to upgrade, but me jumping up and down stamping my feet wanting it 5 years ago doesnt help anything.

I test, If it needs something I pay an experienced DEV to develop (which I have done many times here) it or do without, or find something else.

This forum is a great resource, and all I started to say was lets have some balance, and not all be bash bash , I want I want, rubbish rubbish.

We all have our individual needs, lets get a solution that helps everyone

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:46 AM #202

I didn't mean to derail the thread. I merely chipped in to agree with tbirnseth's great points.

I have not upgraded to the latest version yet. I never do, because I'm using a third party theme and I have to wait for those developers to update their theme, which is usually several days to a week after CS-Cart releases an update. This gives me time to watch the forums for any problems that get reported. This has worked well for me.

I wasn't trying to bash the developers -- just agreeing with Tony that the latest changes in the checkout were a fail, and CS-Cart needs to rectify the situation and take steps to make sure something similar doesn't happen again.

This is my last post in this thread. I hope everyone has a great day.

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:20 PM #203

Can we get an indication of when the billing address on checkout will be fixed?

Currently not upgrading until this is done and the new checkout is fully tested, it's just not production ready in its current state.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:01 PM #204

CS-Cart team should speed the delivery pace (and this is the most important thing of Agile - the product development methodology - which CS-Cart team is following internally).

Well, this is a complicated thing.

We are ready to release new releases each 2 week (our sprint is 2 week long). But the community is not ready.

We moved to a semver standard so each patch release (when last number is changed) contain only bug fixes. But even though there a log of complains after updates. Updating downloadable software (the software that hosted on your side) should be done carefully, keeping in mind a number of details. We spent a lot of time on making upgrade process smoother, creating backups, send links to email to restore store immediately and so on. And still after all the efforts (and I can assure we still working in this direction) upgrade is a stress for our end-customers. As well as for our 3rd party developers. That's why we decided to release patch versions once a month or two.

CS-Cart should activate the uservoice forum. They should remind their customers about the uservoice! It should be the only source of new functions based on popularity.

Uservoice has a serious lack - customers vote some general ideas? Like "mobile app", "new checkout", "more payments", "good statistics". This become a real problem. Customer really dissapointed that we did not implemented some of these ideas and we do not listen to them. But when I started to digg into such ideas it turned out that one idea consists of ten other ideas, and different customers meant different things. Just review the posts above, there are lot of different opinions on how checkout should look like.

Forum solve this problem perfectly. When there is something wrong- we immediately can see the result. 

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:12 PM #205

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback.

CS-Cart community is everyone of your, and I'm sure there is no right or wrong opinion. We all want the same: good product that helps you in business.

I will provide screenshots on how billing address in new checkout will look like. Besides we make sure that everything works correctly in old checkout. 

Please note that I do not plan to change look and feel of new checkout. 

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:26 PM #206

Yes, uservoice was of limited success. Many csc users posted similar requests for the same function. So the votes were distributed over many posts for the same thing. There was no merging of topics/votes into one. Some users required "critical, deal breaker" functions, but these just werent important to others, thus got low votes. Understandably, I think CSC just treated uservoice as a guideline of sorts.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:38 AM #207

Its just my opinion but from my perspective your team has little care of what users want, you do what you planed and when it turns out bad you fix it..

All this monthly video report its just nothing else to show that something is being worked on, while many years before you waisted very much of the time on merchium and other stuff that never worked out.. Most likely you feel little behind, drop of users and sales.. That is price to pay for bad management.

I would like to thank everyone for the feedback.

CS-Cart community is everyone of your, and I'm sure there is no right or wrong opinion. We all want the same: good product that helps you in business.

I will provide screenshots on how billing address in new checkout will look like. Besides we make sure that everything works correctly in old checkout. 

Please note that I do not plan to change look and feel of new checkout. 

• teosu
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:04 AM #208

where is the screens ?

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:04 PM #209

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:15 PM #210

Hi imac.

Good for billing adress i saw but.

can you think some kind of good appear, for this??

23r8vf7.png

• teosu
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:59 PM #211

looking good also willi be support boxes like shipping address ?

customer can be select different billing addresses ?

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:53 PM #212

Hello 

We prepared the screenshots of how billing section will look like. As you can see in both screens the billing section is extended - this is for demonstration, in case customer selects "YES" for billing equal shipping it will be in one line as before.

Due to our new logic of blocks at new checkout you will be able to place it anywhere. On the screens one implementation is under shipping address, and another is under payment methods. Many big players do place billing address under payment methods. 

Also keep in mind that new logic with blocks allows you to select different fields for shipping and billing address. And as an example of this I added "company name" and "vat number" to billing address.

attachicon.gif payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

attachicon.gif customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

Will there be an option to revert the question: Billing and shipping address are the same? (No/Yes - default value)

I would prefer to ask my customers following question: Do you want to receive an invoice?. (Yes/ No - default value) - which has reverted answer. If the language variables for yes / no are used in different places then it will not be possible and even after translation different fields will trigger the show event.

Could you implement mechanism which will allow above?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11334 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:16 PM #213

Hello 

attachicon.gif payments-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

attachicon.gif customer-24258-BillingAddressCheckout.png

There needs to be labels indicating that the original address (top) is the shipping address and that when billing/shipping same is 'no' that the requested info is for the billing address.  The labels are needed to avoid confusion.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:32 AM #214

looking good also willi be support boxes like shipping address ?

customer can be select different billing addresses ?

No plans for several Billing addresses. There will be several shipping addresses (in case allow multiple profiles is enabled) and only on billing address.

Can you describe a scenario when you need several billing addresses?

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:34 AM #215

Hi imac.

Good for billing adress i saw but.

can you think some kind of good appear, for this??

23r8vf7.png

As I mentioned above we do not plan to change look and feel of new Checkout for now.

The checkout page is divided into the blocks so no you can just create your "payment methods" smarty block and use it instead of default one.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:41 AM #216

There needs to be labels indicating that the original address (top) is the shipping address and that when billing/shipping same is 'no' that the requested info is for the billing address.  The labels are needed to avoid confusion.

You can add title to any block.

So you can name billing section "Billing address" (there is no name on the screenshot) and rename "Customer" to "Shipping address" 

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 08:29 AM #217

Will there be an option to revert the question: Billing and shipping address are the same? (No/Yes - default value)

I would prefer to ask my customers following question: Do you want to receive an invoice?. (Yes/ No - default value) - which has reverted answer. If the language variables for yes / no are used in different places then it will not be possible and even after translation different fields will trigger the show event.

Imac, could you answer that question?

• mumbomedia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:46 AM #218

We always send out an invoice. Customer can delete it if they do not want it. Isn’t that easier or am i just missing something here.

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:01 AM #219

We also always send an invoice after the order is made. CS cart automatically sends it.

We rarely send a paper copy.

Version 4.9.2

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:00 PM #220

Will there be an option to revert the question: Billing and shipping address are the same? (No/Yes - default value)

I would prefer to ask my customers following question: Do you want to receive an invoice?. (Yes/ No - default value) - which has reverted answer. If the language variables for yes / no are used in different places then it will not be possible and even after translation different fields will trigger the show event.

In 4.10.3 we will not add this.

"Yes" will be the default value and there won't be option to change it.

As I mentioned above you will be able to modify it in smarty block

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team