• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.10.1 With New Checkout And Product Variations Rate Topic   - - - - -

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:02 PM #181

imac,  you don't need "5Why" , you only need "1Why" .... because your  customers are requesting it!

Your customers have given all the reasons you need.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4576 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:06 AM #182

OK, so we can see how many of us are disagreeing with a few things and Imac has responded professionally I think

Id just like to try and level a little the critics we are all throwing his way and say in general I think the cart has improved a lot for options and variants plus other things over the past year or so. I can see the way they are thinking and yes the "5 whys" is a good and well used method to work around, that many workflows use.

Having just seen the video update report for April and May, I can see other good features in the cart too.

Sp pretty much just wanted to add a little balance to the discussion and thanks for the hard work, its not all about bashing the devs.

look forward to the new release and fixes.

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:33 AM #183

OK, so we can see how many of us are disagreeing with a few things and Imac has responded professionally I think

Id just like to try and level a little the critics we are all throwing his way and say in general I think the cart has improved a lot for options and variants plus other things over the past year or so. I can see the way they are thinking and yes the "5 whys" is a good and well used method to work around, that many workflows use.

Having just seen the video update report for April and May, I can see other good features in the cart too.

Sp pretty much just wanted to add a little balance to the discussion and thanks for the hard work, its not all about bashing the devs.

look forward to the new release and fixes.

Not to mention that also the community can be blamed in this situation. They have released 3 RC versions for us to review and we have not given them any comments on the checkout. If people were really that keen on new things as quickly as possible, they should've given their input at that time. 

Now the argument might arise that you pay them to make proper software, but its clear that CS-Cart likes to take community input when it comes to these things and since they are based in Russia, it is very hard for them to know exactly what your needs are (take a look at GDPR). 

So please, before starting to bash CS-Cart for their new checkout, take a look in the mirror, as you could have also prevented this if you would've just opened dev.demo.cs-cart.com

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).

• Pbraz
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:48 AM #184

So I updated to this version and I had some products set up with variations for sizes (other products use options) and I converted these with the conversion tool and now I get this behaviour (see below) in the list view with just single products displayed and not a button that takes you to the product page like the product below in the attached screenshot.

What has gone wrong or what do I have to do to return the functionality I had before ??? 

Thanks

Paul

newcscart.JPG

Paul
www.gohorse.com.au
Horse Rugs Store

• alaa
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:58 AM #185

I saw most of the comments were negative towards the new improvements. Even after imac annouced the return of the billing address, the argue was still going! 

Everyone of us should contribute to the functional and successful CS-Cart products. It is in the interest of all CS-Cart users to keep CS-Cart improving as a product and be successful as a company.

Personally, I did try to add some balance to the discussion by providing detailed answers to imac's questions, giving real live examples and suggesting workable practices.

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:53 PM #186

Not to mention that also the community can be blamed in this situation. They have released 3 RC versions for us to review and we have not given them any comments on the checkout. If people were really that keen on new things as quickly as possible, they should've given their input at that time.

The community input gets often ignored, I've asked about billing address with different profile fields for the business / individual. Written e.g. here in this topic 5 months ago, I've sent multiple PMs to Ikoshkin and Ilya, even written on slack about it. I've never got a reply.

But I agree, the cs-cart is getting better each year. The only worrying thing is the pace. Product variations took 2 years to develop but the community asked for this for much longer, lite checkout was introduced because 3rd party addon developers provided multiple solutions which gained community attention. Community was asking for better front end framework (Bootstrap 3 on uservoice) - there was a github project which died, bootstrap 4 was introduced and cs-cart still uses old framework.

I appreciate your hard work in recent months, which showed that cs-cart team tries to speed things up. But there is still plenty to do and there are many basic thing that are introduced in competitive solutions but are still not implemented in cs-cart.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:45 PM #187

@johnbol1,  @alaa
I disagree,  With some exception, "The community" are paid license owners that are running Live Stores!  Our expectation that our business will not be ruined by updates with ill-conceived functionality is completely warranted. Personally,  I've got business to run,  and expect that the software architects know what they are doing. Seriously!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11325 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:47 PM #188

Now the argument might arise that you pay them to make proper software, but its clear that CS-Cart likes to take community input when it comes to these things and since they are based in Russia, it is very hard for them to know exactly what your needs are (take a look at GDPR). 

So please, before starting to bash CS-Cart for their new checkout, take a look in the mirror, as you could have also prevented this if you would've just opened dev.demo.cs-cart.com

Verifying RC releases post-facto is not really what merchants sign up for.  Not sure about other's by my clients certainly don't have the time to install at test site and spend hours verifying functionality that has changed.  A supplier (cs-cart) should gather their customer requirements and build products that meet their customer's needs.  In this case, it is a fail because the "build it and they will come" strategy doesn't really work.

Where were the requests for input on a redesign of the checkout process (I.e. the essence of a cart)?  We continually get get things dropped on us that break our business process or piss off our customers.  First I heard of a new checkout was when the release was announced.

I contend that product marketing within cs-cart did NOT do their job on determining customer needs before the new checkout method was designed and implemented.  No one likes to go back and redo what they've done.  But no one will upgrade to a cart version that pisses off their customers and/or breaks their business process (including data that integrates with 3rd party environments).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:46 PM #189

Verifying RC releases post-facto is not really what merchants sign up for.  Not sure about other's by my clients certainly don't have the time to install at test site and spend hours verifying functionality that has changed.  A supplier (cs-cart) should gather their customer requirements and build products that meet their customer's needs.  In this case, it is a fail because the "build it and they will come" strategy doesn't really work.

Where were the requests for input on a redesign of the checkout process (I.e. the essence of a cart)?  We continually get get things dropped on us that break our business process or piss off our customers.  First I heard of a new checkout was when the release was announced.

I contend that product marketing within cs-cart did NOT do their job on determining customer needs before the new checkout method was designed and implemented.  No one likes to go back and redo what they've done.  But no one will upgrade to a cart version that pisses off their customers and/or breaks their business process (including data that integrates with 3rd party environments).

I agree with this. As a merchant I don't have time to set up test sites to see if the next CS-Cart release is going to work for me.

The checkout process is arguably the most important aspect of the online shopping experience and shouldn't be tinkered with willy nilly.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4576 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:22 PM #190

@johnbol1,  @alaa
I disagree,  With some exception, "The community" are paid license owners that are running Live Stores!  Our expectation that our business will not be ruined by updates with ill-conceived functionality is completely warranted. Personally,  I've got business to run,  and expect that the software architects know what they are doing. Seriously!

Im not here to argue with you, you dont need to direct your points at me. Im looking to add some balance as i see it and some are her to just bash/.

I agree the billing address was a bad move for my customers (not yours or anyone elses mine) , and the telephone masking isnt too bad for me.

We see people who blindly upgrade without testing, I have one thing in mind  DEV. simple

v4.5.2

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4576 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:26 PM #191

I agree with this. As a merchant I don't have time to set up test sites to see if the next CS-Cart release is going to work for me.

Seriously, you would upgrade without testing first ? may aswell play Russian Roulette

No pun intended. 

v4.5.2

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:52 PM #192

Seriously, you would upgrade without testing first ? may aswell play Russian Roulette

No pun intended. 

Seriously. I don't have time to build test sites to test every new release. I work a full time job and have teenage kids; my ecommerce site is a sideline that I have to fit into the cracks somewhere. So no, I don't have time for building test sites.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4576 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:08 PM #193

Seriously. I don't have time to build test sites to test every new release. I work a full time job and have teenage kids; my ecommerce site is a sideline that I have to fit into the cracks somewhere. So no, I don't have time for building test sites.

On a serious note, you do not have to "build" a test site each time . I have seen and also helped you with a few of your problems in the past when you have upgraded or had various issues.

Sure you have kids etc etc, we all have lives, but you may want to have a seperate site running alongside, so you can upgrade that first, then if all ok upgrade your main site, this is standard practice and takes no more time than requesting forum help when it all goes wrong on your main site. 

There are also demo sites you can use BEFORE you upgrade your own site and make a cac of it, like popweb says, everyone here bleating and wanting there diapers changed after they make basic mistakes and take risks without checking, take some responsibility for yourself and make an effort, instead of making a complete bollock of it then moaning to the devs. 

Some of the posts here are almost bullyish, yes remoteone Im aiming it at you, and is ridiculous.

Still.... your site, your life ,your call.

v4.5.2

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:52 AM #194

CS Cart has very much improved since I started with the first version.

Mistakes happen in life this is not the issue for me - instead you need to work long hours to fix mistakes quickly and never stop the conversation and say enough for now... That makes customers feel that it is not an important issue to fix mistakes when you say enough for now...

As for RC releases etc those are for computer people, business people with large staff not for non tech small business owners.

I view CS Cart as a partner in my business and wish they would work quickly and expertly at all times as I expect my staff to do. 

I think as time goes on CS Cart will keep getting better - for now I think I need to follow my old testing style - which is to wait after each new upgrade until the bugs are fixed.

Version 4.9.2

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:56 AM #195

@johnbol1,  @alaa
"... "The community" are paid license owners that are running Live Stores!  Our expectation that our business will not be ruined by updates with ill-conceived functionality is completely warranted. Personally,  I've got business to run,  and expect that the software architects know what they are doing. Seriously!

Correct 100%

I have kids,older family members to care for, dogs and other work so I work 6 or 7 days a week and do not make excuses or take breaks when I make a mistake - instead I work all night or on holidays if needed.

Like the Nike slogan - "Just Do It"

Version 4.9.2

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:38 AM #196

I think ones reasons for having a lack of time, are quite off-topic here. I get it, but life choices are a personal thing and mutually exclusive to the cscart issues. (got my black-n-white glasses on

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:18 AM #197

I think ones reasons for having a lack of time, are quite off-topic here. I get it, but life choices are a personal thing and mutually exclusive to the cscart issues. (got my black-n-white glasses on)

CS cart should be designed expertly and almost bug free, end of story - you should not need to test when you have a default setting.

There should be no need for testing by customers the developers need to have a strong testing environment and quality control. The good news is that CS Cart is far better now than in the beginning...

If you have many 3rd party addons then there could be some issues in my case I have no 3rd party issues I simply want to upgrade and 100% trust the developers and that is what I paid for and what was advertised.

I use a Mac computer and have no problems when the software updates - this is the standard that I expect for all consumer software.

I always backup when I upgrade that is my standard care and what is normally suggested for consumer software.

As for the point some have mentioned about cultural issues that is also not valid in international business - very simple you study your target market and if need be hire expert staff.

Version 4.9.2

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 736 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:35 AM #198

You missed my point ... but I agree.

• Traveler
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:00 AM #199

You missed my point ... but I agree.

Well if you agree with me all is well

Smiling...

Side note I only do business online but something is lost when you can't talk face to face - example I would have understood you if we were talking in person.

One day I will make a brick and mortar store just for fun...

Version 4.9.2

• alaa
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:49 AM #200

The upgrade is a complicated process. There should be preparation, planning, testing and quality check before executing the upgrade on live stores. It is not like an iOS upgrade on iPhones! 

I was a project manager for SharePoint websites - SharePoint is from Microsoft. It took from us months to implement the upgrade on SharePoint. 

@johnbol1,  @alaa

I didn't mean that you don't have the right to have a functional software. All of us are in the same boat. But I don't think that the new  CS-Cart changes were professionally reviewed. Saying that "If this function is not going to be back, I will go with another solution" is not constructive as I am sure that going with another solution is not an easy process. I am pretty sure no one will go with another platform if CS-Cart team removed billing and even shipping! Simply, they would find buiding a new addon is far easier than shifting to another solution! 

I agree that;

CS-Cart team should speed the delivery pace (and this is the most important thing of Agile - the product development methodology - which CS-Cart team is following internally).

CS-Cart should activate the uservoice forum. They should remind their customers about the uservoice! It should be the only source of new functions based on popularity.

CS-Cart team should not look into the product as an international-fullfiling solution! No, most of CS-Cart users don't ship internationally! I believe this is the reason behind the new phone mask and depracating billing address.