• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Updating Stock Levels Via Csv Upload? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:18 AM #1

Hi guys

I've got a drop shipping website with no live stock management system.  Client receives a CSV every 2 days with current stock levels.  Is there any way of just uploading this file to update the stock levels accordingly?  He currently goes through and changes everything manually which is rather time consuming

Thanks

• soft-solid
  • Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:17 AM #2

Hello

One of the solutions is to automatically upload csv files to the server and run a cron task that will parse the file and set the inventory
Another solution is a simple script run from cron which will download a csv file from a specific location, parse it and update the inventory.

Best regards
Robert

Team of SoftSolid
cs-cart.pl

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:15 PM #3

Hello! Do you have prices in XLS or XML formats or only CSV?

We have a solution as you requested.

XLS prices can be downloaded from URL, updates can be scheduled. 

Only helpful and unique addons https://store.retailfactory.ru

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19470 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:41 PM #4

Advanced import allows to run import by cron task. But additional customization is required to download new file before each import

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:41 AM #5

I'm just trying to do it via uploading the .CSV manually via the import > products (deprecated). 

I can get it to change the stock level for simple products but won't change the stock level for variations.  

The fields I'm using are Product Code, Language, Quantity

Any idea why the variations stock levels won't change?

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:57 AM #6

What it's doing instead of updating the stock on the variations - its adding new simple products instead.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19470 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:38 AM #7

Try to add Product type column with the V value

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:36 AM #8

Hi, I tried adding the Product Type column with but it still just creates new products instead of updating the stock on the existing ones.

Here's an example of my spreadsheet - spreadsheet.jpg

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19470 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:59 AM #9

Hi, I tried adding the Product Type column with but it still just creates new products instead of updating the stock on the existing ones.

Here's an example of my spreadsheet - spreadsheet.jpg

Try to export and import one product in your store. Possibly another additional fields are required to import variations

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:18 AM #10

How do i export one product?  

When I click "Select" to choose range (or products) to export - it takes me to the product list but there is no way to select and export. How do I export one product?

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3811 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:36 AM #11

select_product_export.png

Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:31 AM #12

Thanks.

And figured out the rest of it as well.  Selecting Product Combinations at the top of the export screen gave me the missing fields I needed.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19470 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:09 AM #13

Thank you for keeping us updated

• Skivan
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:18 PM #14

How do you get stock level for each variation?  

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:39 AM #15

Hi Skivan

You need to click the Product Combinations tab first to see the additional fields for importing/exporting variations.

Capture1.jpg

You will then see "amount" - thats the stock level for each variation

Capture.jpg

Here's an example of the sheet I use for updating stock level of products with variations/

Capture3.jpg

Hope that helps

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4576 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:17 PM #16

Hi Skivan

You need to click the Product Combinations tab first to see the additional fields for importing/exporting variations.

Capture1.jpg

You will then see "amount" - thats the stock level for each variation

Capture.jpg

Here's an example of the sheet I use for updating stock level of products with variations/

Capture3.jpg

Hope that helps

thanks

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2