• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dynamic Subcategories Rate Topic   - - - - -

• natewallis
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:11 AM #1

Hi. 

I am wondering if anyone has done anything like dynamic subcategories.

We would like to have some SEO named subcategories to handle products by price, brand, width, heigh etc... e.g

/outdoor_products/width-0-899mm

/outdoor_products/width-900mm+

With the point being that we don't need to manually assign products between categories based on their dimensions, these urls are detected by cscart and the appropriate products returned. 

I have an example of this working where I hijack 'get_route' and the correct features hash is applied to fn_get_products.  But it only works for one level deep and I wonder if I am reinventing the wheel and that I may have missed some element of CS-CART that will allow for this already. 

I realise that I could just do /outdoor_products?features_hash=####, but we are in the process of revamping our website, so I figure the extra bit of attention on using an SEO url can't hurt. 

Anyone done something simliar? 

Cheers, 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19158 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:49 AM #2

Please pay attention to our SEO Rules addon

https://www.ecom-lab...les-add-on.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• natewallis
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:06 AM #3

Cool - thanks... Can i specify meta description and page title with your addon?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19158 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:32 PM #4

Cool - thanks... Can i specify meta description and page title with your addon?

Unfortunately, no.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.