• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Disabled New User Profiles Emails Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ghostrider
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:42 AM #1

Can anyone please enlighten me how to disable New User Profiles emails from being sent?

My site is being flooded by fake user registrations. Their fake email addresses cause high bounce rate which lead to my SMTP service account suspension.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19797 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:46 PM #2

1 VARIANT. Open the app/controllers/frontend/profiles.php file and replace

$res = fn_update_user($auth['user_id'], $_REQUEST['user_data'], $auth, !empty($_REQUEST['ship_to_another']), true);

with

$res = fn_update_user($auth['user_id'], $_REQUEST['user_data'], $auth, !empty($_REQUEST['ship_to_another']), false);

2 VARIANT. Use the update_user_pre hook (app/functions/fn.users.php) to change $notify_user to false for new registrations in the store-front

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• ghostrider
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:04 AM #3

Dear friends, Thank you so much!

1 VARIANT. Open the app/controllers/frontend/profiles.php file and replace

$res = fn_update_user($auth['user_id'], $_REQUEST['user_data'], $auth, !empty($_REQUEST['ship_to_another']), true);

with

$res = fn_update_user($auth['user_id'], $_REQUEST['user_data'], $auth, !empty($_REQUEST['ship_to_another']), false);

2 VARIANT. Use the update_user_pre hook (app/functions/fn.users.php) to change $notify_user to false for new registrations in the store-front