• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.10.1 Rc Is Available—Try The New Version Before The Official Release Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:43 PM #81

I am not able to upgrade. I encountered the following error during the upgrade process:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, because I wasn't around last Friday. Thank you for providing core_log.txt, and huge thanks to Robert for providing help in the meantime! I've forwarded the information to our developers.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:51 PM #82

No one reach me and fix this error. Maybe i havent got a support credit soo that reason no one hear me i dont know.

To my knowledge, one of our developers sent you a forum PM regarding that problem approximately a week ago. Those PMs are easy to miss though, and the developer wouldn't be around this week. That's why I asked you to send the details to me directly or via Help Desk just to be sure.

I'm just making sure, did you send a message to Help Desk with the requested details? If so, please let me know, and we'll find it.

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:53 PM #83

@Ikoshkin,

I didn't get a reply regarding post #58,#59.

Could you reply?

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:57 PM #84

Could you add Feature name below each image in Feature style: Images. Sometimes users want to find given product by color name in case there are plenty of similar colors.

The feature variant name is already displayed. It's just that selection works only by images. This is an intentional design decision based on the analysis of how various stores treat feature variant selection on the product page. We're planning to add more feature styles in the future, so having combinations "Drop-down list + X" would only complicate the interface.

That being said, if the demand for this functionality is high enough, we may add it in one of the future updates.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:12 PM #85

If I want to add gtin feature, is it still translatable in the database? If yes, then it's problematic in case I've made a typo. Then I have to go through each language in order to fix it.

Could you add a special style for this kind of features e.g. gtin, maufacturer code, which should not be translatable?

For the time being, it's still translatable in the database. Ilya is aware of the issue, and a task already exists in the issue tracker. However, we'd rather avoid a rushed implementation in 4.10.1 and instead address the problem properly in one of the future versions.

There are at least 2 approaches: GTIN as a default field (as you initially suggested) or GTIN as a non-translatable feature (as I initially suggested). We would first need to decide which approach is better, and why.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:30 PM #86

I'll go over the topic and reply to any other posts I may have missed tomorrow.

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:55 PM #87

The feature variant name is already displayed. It's just that selection works only by images. This is an intentional design decision based on the analysis of how various stores treat feature variant selection on the product page. We're planning to add more feature styles in the future, so having combinations "Drop-down list + X" would only complicate the interface.

That being said, if the demand for this functionality is high enough, we may add it in one of the future updates.

I'm not sure you understood me correctly. I wanted to have something like on this mockup: https://ibb.co/JvGJxZn

The name of the color displayed as a subtitle of the image. If there are 3 different kinds of black, e.g. 'scribble black', 'triangle black' and 'black diamond' then having those unique color names is beneficial for the SEO and for our customers. If the customer knows what's the name of the color he's looking for then instead of clicking through small thumbnails he can directly select the preferred color.

If there are any other forum members that agree with me, then please speak out loud :-)

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:02 PM #88

Another thing is that the new mechanism for displaying color variations as swatches on the product list is very limiting. Alexbranding can only implement it as swatches, regarding to this post: https://forum.cs-car...theme/3553/1862

Could you also provide built in mechanism for displaying other variants as images instead of hex color codes. In case of multicolor products the new color picker doesn't allow to show multiple colors in a single swatch. Back to the example of 3 similar black colors: 'scribble black', 'triangle black' and 'black diamond' I will not be able to show the difference and the image thumbnail would be more appropriate.

Moreover, regarding to alexbranding the new mechanism doesn't allow to navigate directly from the swatch to the given color.

• teosu
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:56 PM #89

There are at least 2 approaches: GTIN as a default field (as you initially suggested) or GTIN as a non-translatable feature (as I initially suggested). We would first need to decide which approach is better, and why.

my think is must be default like sku, amount, why ? addons and api integrations will be easy.

also if you can add barcode validation script it will be pretty perfect.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:15 PM #90

I am talking about ship different address , new one page checkout dondt include any button, shipping address is same?

The profile fields in the "Billing address" section are marked as deprecated, and doesn't exist by default in the new checkout. However, it is possible to add custom profile fields, if necessary.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:00 PM #91

when planned release final version ?

We intend to release the final 4.10.1 until the end of May. There might be a couple more release candidates with improvements to new functionality in the meantime.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:02 PM #92

4.10.1 is using too old phone mask javascript library.

The format of South Korea phone numbers are +82-##-###-#### and +82-##-####-####. The latter is commonly used, but the json file has only +82-##-###-#### format. It needs to be fixed since we only ship to South Korea.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this problem. We listed it as one of the issues to look into.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:04 PM #93

How customers select their profile on checkout page when they have more than 2 profiles?

The ability to use multiple profiles at the checkout page is currently in the works, and is currently planned to be included in one of the release candidates or final release of 4.10.1.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:10 PM #94

The Full Name field of the new checkout page assumes that the name value is separated by a space and the first word is a first name and second word is a last name. I've checked that cs-cart updates this full name value into customer's profile first and last name  automatically when typed. But not all full names are separated by space and start with first name. Some countries(ex. Korea) don't separate first and last name and last name comes first. CS-cart is designed to sell globally, but the full name field does not fit this global format.

I thinks if profile and billing address only have a full name field without first and last name field, customers can type whatever they want for name without worrying about formatting.

I understand, but there's also a matter of shipping and payment method providers. As far as I know, some of them may require first name and last name.

But you'll also be able to create your own profile field and display it instead of the name at checkout, if necessary.

• teosu
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:32 PM #95

4.10 need shipment permissions for vendors. if you disable editing order from group permissions. vendor cant create shipment. need separate shipment creation permissions.

also Product permissions must be separate

Categories, Products, Features, Filters, Options: all that different thinks...

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:06 AM #96

4.10 need shipment permissions for vendors. if you disable editing order from group permissions. vendor cant create shipment. need separate shipment creation permissions.

also Product permissions must be separate
Categories, Products, Features, Filters, Options: all that different thinks...

I don't think that it will be included in 4.10.1. Currently, we have only reworked how permissions look like (to make them easier to manage them), but not what they can do.

We may improve permissions in future versions, if there's enough demand for it.

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:20 AM #97

i got error in checkout page

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:31 AM #98

I am not able to upgrade. I encountered the following error during the upgrade process: 

Upgrade process of your store has failed
Please restore the pre-upgrade backup manually or via a link sent to your email address, then contact our technical support.

Tech details: Couldn't complete migration 20190326181751_core_mve_create_default_storefront.php. Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1.
Completed migrations: 37 out of 45.

We have fixed that problem and uploaded the new upgrade packages for Multi-Vendor. Upgrade should be possible now. Here's how:

1. On your test 4.9.3 SP1 installation, go to the Upgrade Center.

2. Click the gear button and choose Refresh available upgrades.

3. Re-download the upgrade to 4.10.1 RC1 and install it.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:39 AM #99

i got error in checkout page

PHP Notice Message
Undefined index: payment_method_data
Error at
app/addons/my_payment_modul/func.php, line: 231
Backtrace File: app/addons/my_payment_modul/func.php Line: 231 Function: {closure} File: app/functions/fn.control.php Line: 119 Function: fn_my_payment_modul_calculate_cart_items File: app/functions/fn.cart.php Line: 3494 Function: fn_set_hook File: app/controllers/frontend/checkout.php Line: 498 Function: fn_calculate_cart_content File: app/functions/fn.control.php Line: 669 Function: include File: app/functions/fn.control.php Line: 427 Function: fn_run_controller File: index.php Line: 25 Function: fn_dispatch

There is no my_payment_modul add-on in default CS-Cart. So it's a custom (third-party add-on). Please try disabling it and see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't occur when the add-on is disabled, then the add-on may need to be adapted for 4.10.1.

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:48 AM #100

There is no my_payment_modul add-on in default CS-Cart. So it's a custom (third-party add-on). Please try disabling it and see if the problem still occurs. If it doesn't occur when the add-on is disabled, then the add-on may need to be adapted for 4.10.1.

Yes i think its third party addon but refresh its gone i dont understand. Maybe some one know how it fixed this. Thanks.