5:13 – checkout customization
8:03 – checkout settings

8:52 – automatic cart recalculation
9:43 – minor fixes
10:52 – RTL support in Multi-Vendor Plus mobile application
11:19 – Multi-Vendor Ultimate with multiple storefronts

What we’re working on:
14:27 – the release of version 4.10.1, 4.10.1 RC, and Multi-Vendor Ultimate
15:27 – improvements to Lite Checkout, while preserving the old checkout as an add-on enabled by default
16:02 – migration of variations to variations 2.0
16:19 – variation features on the product list
16:43 – tools for vendors in Multi-Vendor mobile application

1. Regarding product variations none of the concerns raised in this topic were addressed. It's very disappointing.

2. If you're working on Lite Checkout you should finally take care of the VAT Number in the checkout. There should be a radio button with options: private person / company. If you click company, there is an input field to type in VAT Number, Company Name etc.

This discussion is ongoing since 2015. Imac was active in this topic, yet 4 years have passed and nothing has been done about it. Check out this topic: https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42200-why-is-there-no-company-registration-and-vat-number-in-cs-cart/

1. Regarding product variations none of the concerns raised in this topic were addressed. It's very disappointing.
2. If you're working on Lite Checkout you should finally take care of the VAT Number in the checkout. There should be a radio button with options: private person / company. If you click company, there is an input field to type in VAT Number, Company Name etc.

This discussion is ongoing since 2015. Imac was active in this topic, yet 4 years have passed and nothing has been done about it. Check out this topic: https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42200-why-is-there-no-company-registration-and-vat-number-in-cs-cart/

1. There is a reason why the concerns related to variations aren't covered in the video.

2. I've read through quite a few topics on the matter. So did @imac. I don't know Ilya's thoughts on the matter, but I can share my observations.

You once said: "There is no better time to implement this, than during checkout refactoring." I'd have to disagree with that statement. The distinction between companies and individuals is an important, yet complex task of its own. It only intersects with checkout because both things happen at the same page.

The goal of the new checkout is to provide the same functionality as the old checkout, but make it more convenient and customizable. Person/company distinction is more about profile fields and taxes, and that's something that hasn't been affected much by the new checkout.

2. I've read through quite a few topics on the matter. So did @imac. I don't know Ilya's thoughts on the matter, but I can share my observations.

You once said: "There is no better time to implement this, than during checkout refactoring." I'd have to disagree with that statement. The distinction between companies and individuals is an important, yet complex task of its own. It only intersects with checkout because both things happen at the same page.

The goal of the new checkout is to provide the same functionality as the old checkout, but make it more convenient and customizable. Person/company distinction is more about profile fields and taxes, and that's something that hasn't been affected much by the new checkout.

Well, at least add the block with entity selection and leave the logic for the 3rd party addons developers or users. Problems with taxes affects only sales between European countries.

If we have the company registered in Poland and we want to sell to companies within Poland then all we need to have is just additional fields like in this screenshot

Don't over complicate things. If new checkout is so modular, just add the radio button with additional fields and you will solve the problem for most of cs-cart users. The rest of the cases can be dealt with by 3rd party developers.

Great news for me and should be for CS-Cart fans. I am looking forward to the Storefronts for Multivendor. It is extremely important and should have been included from before. For example, one of my clients refused to showcase his products on my storefront because the level of other products are not as classy as his. This, as he informed, would ruin the image of his brand reputation.

By this feature, I believe that I can assign him to, say, a luxury jewelry storefront as well as invite other vendors who fall within the same class of products.

I should be able to:

Customize the layout of these storefronts.

Upgrade from current MV license to the upcoming version (with reasonable fees :))

Hope it will be released soon.

One more thing regarding variation features on the product list.

In my opinion, it doesn't make any sense to show the list of available colors as a text.

It should be done via displaying image thumbnails or displaying image swatches. The store owners should choose the preferred way.

Oftentimes, products have their unique kolor names or in some cases they have assigned numbers (e.g. sofas) because there are so many different colors available. The customer that gets the text: "Colors: 21, 22, 23" or "Colors: Passion Pink, Frequency Pink" will not know what is the difference. They should see all of the available color options in a visual form.

Product page should also be more customizable, this would greatly allow to have more unique site.

Please put product import addon categories mapping

Very good there's going to be a lite checkout, however one thing concerns me. One of my customers does worldwide shipping, so there are a lot of payment options. In the demo i see two big buttons, which would never work in my particular case. 20 big buttons isn't good ;)

Second, instead of a lite checkout, why not just implement a one page checkout? I know Simtech has an addon, but there are more alternatives on the Marketplace and most of them are way more user friendly then Simtech's one. This one for example -> https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/one-step-checkout-3-columns-flat-layout.html

in my opinion, this should be a basic feature.
But let's wait for the lite version first. ;)

anyone can tell me, how will work multiple user profile addresses ? on profile fields billing area says "Billing address(deprecated)"

i think will be only one address box. and how will work if bill different addresses ? or where is multiple select addresses ?

if you start new addressing system. please add multi level dropdowns. Country -> State -> City- > Settlement

https://youtu.be/9BeWJMk24CQ

What we've done:
00:31 – product variations:

1:14 – variation export and import
2:30 – filtering variations by color
3:44 – a block with the list of variations

4:03 – Lite Checkout (a new one-step checkout experience):

4:20 – profile field management
5:13 – checkout customization
8:03 – checkout settings

8:52 – automatic cart recalculation
9:43 – minor fixes
10:52 – RTL support in Multi-Vendor Plus mobile application
11:19 – Multi-Vendor Ultimate with multiple storefronts

What we're working on:
14:27 – the release of version 4.10.1, 4.10.1 RC, and Multi-Vendor Ultimate
15:27 – improvements to Lite Checkout, while preserving the old checkout as an add-on enabled by default
16:02 – migration of variations to variations 2.0
16:19 – variation features on the product list
16:43 – tools for vendors in Multi-Vendor mobile application

Hi,

I see in the demo site of the new version that you removed the fax field from Profile Fields editing page. Is the fax column in the users table in the database has been dropped also?

I am asking because one of my 3rd-party addons utilizes it. I would like to know if the update would effect the addon.

Thank you!

april is ending. still we are waiting 4.10.1 ...

i am happy to develop still in trail. Where i can buy the Ultimate?

please send me all details.

Hi,

I am looking to start a local multi-vendor business, I checked all of the self-hosted eCommerce apps such as Magento, WooCommerce, OpenCart etc ...
And only CS-Cart meets my needs and has my language, however it's extremely pricey to use! Krogerfeedback

Are there any solutions similar in functionality to CS cart, but for free or even for a reasonable lifetime license.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am looking to start a local multi-vendor business, I checked all of the self-hosted eCommerce apps such as Magento, WooCommerce, OpenCart etc ...
And only CS-Cart meets my needs and has my language, however it's extremely pricey to use! Krogerfeedback

Are there any solutions similar in functionality to CS cart, but for free or even for a reasonable lifetime license.

Thanks in advance

Based on our experiences, we recommend CS-Cart Multi-vendor so you can save future problems with other platforms.