• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Model Number

• mskitti
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:49 PM #1

I am using 4.9.2. In the back office products list we can no longer edit the product model number (code#)  in the list like it was in 4.7.4. Manufacturers change the product code number all the time and it is a royal pain having to open each product just to change the code # (model number) for each product. It was so much easier and less time consuming in 4.7.4 version. I didn't mind changing the product code in the list in 4.7.4,  I would say ok, darn I have to change the product code for yet another manufacturer. In 4.9.2 when I get a notification that we have to change the product code, I get so darn angry and frustrated because we cannot change it on the product list anymore. arghhhh!

Thanks

• kogi
  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:24 AM #2

Have you tried using the old admin page, it's in addons

Old Admin Panel [Deprecated] 

find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19830 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:09 AM #3

design/backend/templates/views/products/manage.tpl

Try to replace

<span class="product-code__label">{$product.product_code}</span>

with

<input name="products_data[{$product.product_id}][product_code]" value="{$product.product_code}" class="input-short input-hidden{if $no_hide_input_if_shared_product} {$no_hide_input_if_shared_product}{/if}" />

(!) Not tested

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• mskitti
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:36 AM #4

Still waiting for help in regards to adding the product model # (item code) to all product lists in the front end. We have a lot of products that are similar and need the product item# to show in all the product lists.

Without changing the file so it will not get over written when upgrading.

Kit

• kogi
  • Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:14 AM #5

If you mean show sku in grid view?

https://www.ecom-lab...iew-add-on.html

find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• mskitti
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:03 AM #6

I have product item numbers such as GB-146 or ED-F97000. These are the item or model numbers, not sku's. I have attached a couple images.

I have attached images.

1st image, need to add item# (model#) below product name title on all listings (homepage and sub-category listings)

2nd image, need to move item# (model#) under title.

Thank you,

Kit

Attached Files