• You cannot reply to this topic

Cs-Cart Progress: February 2019 Video Report Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:22 AM #1

What we've done:
00:41 – JQuery updated from 1.9.1 to 3.3.1.
01:44 – information about vendors' activity on the dashboard in Multi-Vendor.
03:57 – vendor invitation functionality.
06:37 – new product variations based on features.
10:26 – online chat via Telegram.
14:00 – research: warehouse-based stock management.
17:06 – storefronts for Multi-Vendor.

What we're working on:
18:56 – one-page one-step checkout in 4.10.1.
19:55 – final adjustments to the new product variations; they will be released and out of beta in 4.10.1.
20:43 – storefronts in Multi-Vendor.
21:06 – mobile application for vendors.
21:59 – improvements to our Marketplace of third-party add-ons.

• imago
  • Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:22 AM #2

Developing a new edition when the MVP is still work in progress with many unsolved issues and lots of addons either in BETA state or not working because of internal incompatibility - is not a good idea. Either you discontinue MVP - if it has not succeeded to accrue a substantial client-base of, say, 100 users, - or make it more attractive to the potential buyer by adding multi-stores to its base functionality.

Developing product variations looks like solving cases in higher mathematics when the basic arithmetics of MVP is still not working...

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:53 PM #3

Will customer side, skin ever be updated ?? I understand that from techy side cs-cart may be ahead, but from what customers feel see, what skins available in marketplace cs-cart is 5 - 10years behind..

why cs-cart is not making its root page https://www.cs-cart.com/with product skin ?

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:12 PM #4

Will customer side, skin ever be updated ?? I understand that from techy side cs-cart may be ahead, but from what customers feel see, what skins available in marketplace cs-cart is 5 - 10years behind..

why cs-cart is not making its root page https://www.cs-cart.com/with product skin ?

CS-cart is all about adding more and more features...

Branding, user interface is not their forte...You will never hear them talking about branding options or enhancements..

You will also not hear about user interface improvements enhancements..

Cs-cart is run by engineers and coders so it will always be about features..   

• teosu
  • Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:30 PM #5

I just dont understand this, why u dont add product barcode? All systems want barcode, amazon google ebay what u know, but cs-cart still dont plan barcode. Just add two field thats all

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 88 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM #6

I've asked for the product barcode (gtin, ean) multiple times in different threads. No response so far from the cs-cart architects team.

It should be moved to cscart_products table, it's the only logical place to be. It's not a feature, it's not translatable and it would highly improve datafeed generation for amazon, google, ebay etc.

Could someone finally tell us, why you don't want to do this?

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:06 PM #7

Before cs-cart I had cart from other coders also from Russia who so improved their code constantly that it is out of business now...

It is a real shame that no decent coders designers join. The choice for templates is soo poooor. Probably no more then 5 temples all others are just color patterns..

CS-cart is all about adding more and more features...

Branding, user interface is not their forte...You will never hear them talking about branding options or enhancements..

You will also not hear about user interface improvements enhancements..

Cs-cart is run by engineers and coders so it will always be about features..   

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 257 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM #8

Will customer side, skin ever be updated ??

I understand that it would be great for a CS-Cart user to get an all new and awesome look in one of the updates. Still, everyone would need to tailor it for their needs, and third-party developers might have to update their add-ons to work with a new theme.

Although a new theme isn't planned at this time (whether or not it will be added in the future depends on demand for it), we are planning to rework the checkout page in version 4.10.1. In my opinion, that does count as an improvement to the customer side.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 257 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:01 PM #9

I've asked for the product barcode (gtin, ean) multiple times in different threads. No response so far from the cs-cart architects team.

It should be moved to cscart_products table, it's the only logical place to be. It's not a feature, it's not translatable and it would highly improve datafeed generation for amazon, google, ebay etc.

Could someone finally tell us, why you don't want to do this?

It's just my personal opinion, but I think that having all those extra fields by default would detract from usability and clutter the interface. That's why extra fields are added as "Features". Custom product fields (as in, the fields that not everyone would use) are exactly what the functionality is for, and the "Google Export" add-on even adds those features (because Google requires them).

As a non-programmer, I see only one problem here: the fact that it required to specify the value of a "Text" feature multiple times for different languages. I can't promise anything just yet, but I'll ask if we can do something about it.

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 88 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM #10

It's just my personal opinion, but I think that having all those extra fields by default would detract from usability and clutter the interface. That's why extra fields are added as "Features". Custom product fields (as in, the fields that not everyone would use) are exactly what the functionality is for, and the "Google Export" add-on even adds them.

As a non-programmer, I see only one problem here: the fact that it required to specify the value of a "Text" feature multiple times for different languages. I can't promise anything just yet, but I'll ask if we can do something about it.

Ikoshin, there are multiple problems with not having barcode (gtin, ean) as a field in cscart_products table.

1) Performance in datafeed generation. If you have 300 products in the db and only 1 data feed you will feel no difference. If you have 40 000 products nad 10 different datafeeds, you will see significant performance boost.

2) Duplicated values for many different languages.

3) No ability to display different value for different variation in new product variations (e.g. There is a t-shirt in 3 different colors and each color has 3 different sizes: S M L - you can only set different barcode as a feature only for different colors. If each phisical product - color/size has it's own barcode, you cannot display them on the product page).

4) Barcode is a globally unique identifier - there should be a check if such a value exists or not in the database on save the data event.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:23 PM #11

Why did the cs-cart company updated their company website now many times..

Why you dont you simply sell your cart from your original demo store?

I understand that it would be great for a CS-Cart user to get an all new and awesome look in one of the updates. Still, everyone would need to tailor it for their needs, and third-party developers might have to update their add-ons to work with a new theme.

Although a new theme isn't planned at this time (whether or not it will be added in the future depends on demand for it), we are planning to rework the checkout page in version 4.10.1. In my opinion, that does count as an improvement to the customer side.

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 475 posts

Posted Today, 08:04 AM #12

What we've done:
00:41 – JQuery updated from 1.9.1 to 3.3.1.
01:44 – information about vendors' activity on the dashboard in Multi-Vendor.
03:57 – vendor invitation functionality.
06:37 – new product variations based on features.
10:26 – online chat via Telegram.
14:00 – research: warehouse-based stock management.
17:06 – storefronts for Multi-Vendor.

What we're working on:
18:56 – one-page one-step checkout in 4.10.1.
19:55 – final adjustments to the new product variations; they will be released and out of beta in 4.10.1.
20:43 – storefronts in Multi-Vendor.
21:06 – mobile application for vendors.
21:59 – improvements to our Marketplace of third-party add-ons.

Hello,

This has definitely raised more questions than answers. I see you are preparing for a more globalized strategy when it comes to CS-Cart but how is this supposed to work when you have a stateful application? Let's imagine you really are that big that you have multiple warehouses, than for sure you need more than one server to power your application?

Multi-server environments are becoming more common by the day and it is better to head the least and have a system capable of this. Therefore I'd make the following 3 choices:

1. Move frontend from backend. The frontend and backend should not be in the same root directory. There are a number of reasons for this:

* Security: separating the frontend and backend makes sure that unauthorized persons are unable to execute functions which update sensitive data;

* Better scalability: by moving the backend to a seperate directory and making it only interact with the storefront via  database, it gives customers better scalability results;

* Continuous integration: it allows developers to change things seperately in the backend and frontend, thus making certain operations way easier since they are not directly bound to the storefront;

2. Make the application stateless. Images and such are stored on in a directory, you would be better of moving these to a seperate domain to allow users to use their own domain for a CDN more easily (instead of some slow migration script for cloudfront). As far as I can see this can easily be done by modifying the abstract storage classes.

3. Add-on management should be refactored for multi-server environments. Whenever someone would like to install an add-on, it will need to reload all the instances, therefore this functionality should be removed and should be managed through a git service which will destroy the older instances and redeploy new servers with the new version of the application.

If you need any more information regarding this (we already have done all of this in our own private version), please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).