• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Redirect For Specific Products Rate Topic   - - - - -

• MFD
  • Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:50 PM #1

As we know, the SEO addon with CSC makes product URL's readable, but they are still quite long.

What I would like is a way to create my own custom URL and have it point to the product page. In other words, I'd still have the long version of the product page URL that CS-Cart assigns, I'd just have an additional URL that points to it.

The purpose in this is to be able to have a very simple URL that I can put into printed literature that customers can easily type directly into their browsers.

So instead of “storename.com/main-category-sub-category-fullProductTitle”

It would simply be: Storename.com/customName

How can this be done? Does anyone know of an addon that would work?

Best,

Michael D.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19301 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:52 PM #2

Sure, please check SEO addon settings

http://prntscr.com/mruo1l

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11291 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:02 PM #3

Take the category out of the path in your SEO rules settings and set your SEO name in the product to 'customName'.  So you end up with store.com/customName.

You will probably incur a small SEO penalty. 

Additionally, you could use the SEO hooks to create an additional seo names for each product based on some algorithm that could build the name uniquely.  But the SEO "rules" are applied regardless of what the seo_names table specifies.  I.e. the category path is NOT part of the data in the seo_names table and is added on the fly.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2286 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:19 PM #4

You could also use https://yourls.org/ 

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!