• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ups Quotes All Wrong Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:20 PM #1

We have been struggling with the real time shipping quotes that our customers are receiving for shipments going by UPS from Canada to USA. It was working but not within the last couple of months. No changes were made to the software.

If I take a typical package with its weight & dimensions, (as they are input into that product in CS Cart) and inquire on the UPS website, the price is always lower by anywhere from 10% - 25%. This is scaring off customers when they see an outrageous price for shipping.

It was happening in V4.3.x and no different moving to V4.9.2. I am waiting for UPS to determine if there's any problem at their end with the access key, account or other issues. In the meantime, is there something I could check at our end?

So far, I've looked at many of the options on the General & Configure tabs in the 'Edit Shipping Method' screen.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11365 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:58 PM #2

Enable Administration/Logging (Requests).

Do a UPS real time estimation for a single product.

Compare the data sent to UPS for the quote with the data in the Request/Response.  You can use a web based "pretty print" for the XML data after you break it out between the request and response data.

Also make sure you are comparing apples to applies.  I.e. that you're not seeing your price on ups.com and telling the api to use retail prices.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:36 AM #3

Thanks EZ. I just ran a simulation from the customer side after checking all the logging was enabled. The simulation gave me a total of 18 different log entries. I'm going to presume they're errors. They are "http/https requests" and "Shipping requests"

Is there something specific I should be looking for in these logs?

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 04:37 AM #4

Further - incoming in my e-mail was the message;

Customers have experienced issues with receiving rates from <b>the Canada Post</b> shipping method. Please make sure that is configured properly and that the shipping rate calculation is correct

E-shop of Oakley Woods Croquet.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11365 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:41 PM #5

Look for a Request/Response to UPS (will be separate requests for each shipping method or carrier).

You should look at the package properties (weight, len, height, width) as well as the rate request type (retail or wholesale or whatever it uses).  Then take that info and go to ups.com and enter it and compare the rates returned in the API versus what it shows on your site.

It takes time and awareness of your specific UPS account info.  Most likely you are getting a wholesale quote from ups.com and the API is requesting a retail quote.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.